Honor Roll

Sometimes I come across something so cute/sweet/charming/funny/pretty/inspiring/lovely that I just want to share it with you.  These are the things that have made my  honor roll.

I also write for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here’s what I’ve been sharing there…

• Beautiful photos of Paris, on sale. Get ‘em while you can, now through Sunday.
  • Another party decoration idea that would have been much easier than my birthday banner to make. Sigh.
  • Kids love play tents, but is it too much to ask that they come in some prettier options?
  • I suppose it’s a little late for these now, but they’d still be cute for a special spring table.

9 Responses to “Honor Roll”

1. marysza April 29, 2011 at 11:08 am #

wonderful! how much work on that sewed picture! I would love to have something like that on my wall! :)

2. Alison April 29, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

Thanks for the reminder about the Little Brown Pen sale. Totally on my to-do list, I guess I am in denial that May 1 is almost here!

Also, thank you for always reading my mind and knowing exactly what I need. I have been dying to improve the art situation in my apartment, and charming photographs are absolutely called for. You’re the best!!!

3. jenn April 29, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

I did not even gat past the first images of the ABC sampler before having to click over and pre-order the kit! You blog is a fave of mine, You always share such cool stuff from your personal decorating and the awesome stuff you find. gracias!! oh… and I had to post it on my blog for my friend Kerry, she does some great embroidery work too.

4. Lizzie April 29, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

Nicole, we used the same tile in our bathroom remodel too. I had no idea you used the hexagon pattern until we bought ours, we love it!!

Thank you so much for the awesome honor rolls, they are my fave feature of your blog. I am always looking forward to them.

Take Care!!

5. Julia April 29, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

I agree about the tents. We had one up in our son’s room from IKEA but it only held up for a few months. Update us if you find some with style (gender neutral would be nice too)

6. rebecca April 29, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

You could get a lovely, fun tipi: http://www.spearmintbaby.com/2011/01/childrens-tipis.html

I even saw a pattern for them at the craft store!

7. Melissa May 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm #

I’ve been seeing fringed tissue paper all over these days as a decorative element & I’m eating it up! Perhaps fringe is the new ruffle?

Thanks for featuring me on your honor roll! I’m grinning from ear to ear.

8. regina May 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm #

I LOVE the framed stitched alphabet! I have for ages wanted to do a banner for my blog that is all stitched. The image you posted gives me good inspiration!

1. local market « chezerbey - May 2, 2011

[…] – Nicole at Making it Lovely featured our mustard jamb on her Honor Roll last week! Yeah, it made my […]