16 August 10, 2012

Honor Roll

I Can't Do This But I'm Doing it Anyways

I am smack in the middle of planning four parties for four separate photo shoots (I’ve posted some sneak peeks on Instagram), the scope of which is comparable to planning four weddings. And I’m leaving on Sunday to go to Houston Dallas* for three days, right before the first shoot! Needless to say, I’m going a wee bit crazy. I’m glad for the work (truly), but this is definitely a time to put my head down and work. (I think I can, I think I can…)

I saw the image above on Lisa Congdon’s blog a couple of weeks ago, and it really stuck with me. This has been a period of leaping, feet-first. Hopefully I’ll land well.

* (I’m an idiot — I’m going to Dallas, not Houston. Sorry for mixing them up.)

My Writing Elsewhere…

Joy | Frock Files
    August 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Good luck with all the work! Sounds like you’re in high demand, and it’s no wonder why. I love that image and I’m feeling the same way — thanks for the inspiration.

Brianne Joy
    August 10, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Good luck with all your many projects. Good thing you’re a jack of all traits. Wait, that is a good thing, right?

Making it Lovely
      August 11, 2012 at 12:16 am

A Jack (or Jill!) of all trades is fantastic, but you know what they say… master of none. Yeah, that sounds about right. ;)

August 10, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I LOVE that couch!

Inge - Simply Fabulous Chic
    August 10, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Don’t know if I already commented here before, but I read your post of your bedroom earlier and as I came across your blog again, it reminded me again to start painting our own bedroom. It looks so boring, although the colours I picked a few years ago aren’t so neutral. I’ve got to spruce it up, and your bedroom looks heavenly to me! :-) You definitely got me inspired!!
    Love and a happy weekend, Inge x

bridget b.
    August 10, 2012 at 3:55 pm

What brings you to Houston? It’s a great city, tons to do (I’m not biased at all). :)

Making it Lovely
      August 11, 2012 at 12:18 am

Michaels (the craft store) is having a bunch of us bloggers over to meet with them. Is the city going to be terribly hot? I’m afraid to check the weather yet!

August 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Good luck with all your projects!! If there’s anything you need random help with – let me know! I’m local, happy to work for free, a longtime reader of your blog, and would love the opportunity to help out with some projects if only to gain experience!

August 10, 2012 at 6:05 pm

So great that images – I had to pin it!

August 10, 2012 at 8:11 pm

As one of your Houston readers, I hope you enjoy our city! Welcome! :)

Making it Lovely
      August 12, 2012 at 1:05 am

I’m mortified. I’m going to Dallas, not Houston. Things have been so crazy around here that I mixed up which city I was going to!

August 11, 2012 at 9:39 am

Best of luck Nicole! I wouldn’t say you are a “master of none”. I think your talent knows no bounds. I’m so happy for you that you’ve been “discovered”! A book deal can’t be too far off. I’d buy it!

August 11, 2012 at 10:45 am

Heck to the yes I would buy a similar bubble necklace for cheaper! In fact this store afordable ones by an artist who had them long before J Crew. Affordable and soooo cute.

Shop.dearprudence.com and search for bubble

I want the yellow one!

August 11, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Is something considered a knockoff if the original item is from a chain store and not a specific designer? I think of knockoffs as pieces that you try to pass off as designer. I wouldn’t think twice about buying a look-alike if the original was from a store with mass produced merchandise. I am also a cheapskate, so maybe that factors into this equation.

Megan (Honey We're Home)
    August 11, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I’m in Houston too- and sorry to say, it’s unbelievably hot this time of year. Hope you enjoy your trip.