These are always fun for me to put together. Which pieces would you pick to pull together a little reading corner? Below, I’ll show you which ones I’d choose!

I’d go with the leather chair, though I like the IKEA wingback a lot too. Either way, I’d love that rug (or this one, which is similar). How about you? Which ones did you like?

Let’s Put Together a Reading Corner

25 Responses to “Let’s Put Together a Reading Corner”

1. Kathryn November 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Ha! I just got the Strandmon chair (in blue though)last week and the Souk rug is on its way to layer over the green one. Love that lamp too.

• Making it Lovely November 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Oh, is that the new chair that was in your photos? I couldn’t tell it was the Strandmon. The Souk is going to look awesome in your place!

2. ellen patton November 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

I love that grey chair!

3. TieDye64 November 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

That leather chair is a stunner. It looks great from every single angle.

4. Yelle November 5, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

Love your reading nook! Except, I’d go for a soft suede couch rather than leather :)

5. Laura November 5, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Love the leather chair, but I’d add the foot stool for optimal reading pleasure.

6. margaret November 5, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

Lovin’ that Rhys Leather chair. That layout would look perfect in my dining/study room. Still working on an inspiration for a built-in bookshelf for this room. Wish I can a spare 2K laying around for the chair. dreams are good

7. Laurel November 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

2, 3, 5, 7.
    That big wingback chair looks so cozy. I normally prefer adjustable lamps for seeing, but I love that tripod lamp so much I’d just keep a booklight on one of the tables in case I needed it. I chose two tables so I’d have one for books/kindle/light, and one for drink/snack. I would want two mixmatched tables because I enjoy that, and I love both those tables. Also, I could drag one over to use as a footstool if I needed to, and still have one available for sitting things on.

8. H Scarlett November 5, 2012 at 3:59 pm #

I love the Strandmon! Classic Ikea making a comeback- and the accompanying details you chose are lovely (oh, that tripod lamp!)

ps- may want to double check your spelling: Strandmon (not Standmom ;)

• Making it Lovely November 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

Oh, oops. Thanks for catching that — I’ve fixed it.

9. Asten November 5, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

I love the wingback, and the tripod lamp. But I like what you’ve put together, too. I’m just a sucker for grey :-)

10. Emily November 5, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

The leather chair is making me drool…literally, my mouth started watering when I saw it.

11. erin pearce November 5, 2012 at 6:36 pm #

1, 2, 5, 4… love that rug, and the ikea chair- can’t wait to see it in the store- and find out the price!

12. Kristina November 5, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

I would go with the wingback, so classic!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

13. Jenna November 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

1, 2, 3, 5 would be my look. That gray wingback is Ikea! Wow…gonna have to check that out!

14. Christina W. November 5, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

Wow that wingback looks way more expensive than it is. I think I will definitely be visiting it in a store soon.

15. Joy | Frock Files November 5, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

That leather chair makes me swoon.

16. Sarah W November 6, 2012 at 1:47 am #

I chose almost exactly as you did except I did the black table instead of the pedestal one. All great picks though!

17. Julia at Home on 129 Acres November 6, 2012 at 11:19 am #

I tried out Strandmon at my local Ikea, and it’s so comfortable. For my room, I’d choose #2, #3 and #6.

18. Emily November 7, 2012 at 3:38 am #

I had high hopes for the ikea chair, but was disappointed by the reality — looks cheaper in the flesh than in the photo, and I felt the fabric was ill-attached: the seam between the back and seat panels of the floor model was already beginning to rip :( Still on the lookout for the perfect wing chair…

19. Ashley November 7, 2012 at 7:22 pm #

Swing and a miss for me – not fond of any of it except the white side table.

20. Mary November 8, 2012 at 3:27 am #

1,2,3,4,6.

Yes, two lamps. But I’d only bust 4 out when I was stitching up something fussy.

21. Amanda November 8, 2012 at 9:42 am #

1, 2, 3, 5. Or another table that’s white so pop the white in the lamp shade. And maybe instead of 1 a rug with a punch of colour. But I LOOVE that chair and the lamp. So lovely.

22. Nicki @ Cute & Co. November 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

I love the Strandmon Chair!

23. Jacquie Smith February 10, 2013 at 5:44 pm #

Hi there,

I just purchased the gray Strandmon chair at Ikea to go with my very eclectic living room. I love it! And when I perused the web to see other images of it I came across your blog. I found it interesting that in your picture you clustered this chair with an upside down table that I also have, from West Elm. Although they are in different areas of my home (table- kitchen, chair- living rm) they represent this mix&match that I try to create. Needless to say, liked your post very much!!!
    Thank you!