We had the house inspected yesterday afternoon and it’s in good shape! Brandon was at work, so I went alone (though our realtor was there too). There were some problems, but nothing structural or dangerous. And hey… the house is almost 100 years old. We didn’t expect it to be perfect.
So what’s wrong with the house?
- The catch basin (surprise – didn’t realize that was there) needs to be cleaned out.
- GFI outlets are needed in the bathrooms, near the washer in the basement, and in the garage.
- One of the circuits is controlling two portions of the house. It’s not dangerous, but it could stand to be fixed.
- One outlet is wired incorrectly (where we wanted to put my computer), and one outlet upstairs is dead.
- The exhaust fan in the hood above the stove is broken.
- The stairs (to the second floor and to the basement) should have railings.
- The doorbell doesn’t work.