Much Better!

I’m much happier with my second attempt.

So much better!

It’s still not exactly what I had in mind, but I like it.

new painting

7 Responses to “Much Better!”

1. Kate June 8, 2007 at 7:05 am #

I really like it. And, even though it can be frustrating, I think painting can be so relaxing. You’ve inspired me to dig out my brushes!

Also, I love, love, LOVE your curtains and must have them for my guest room. Could you share where you found them?

2. mohairpink June 9, 2007 at 11:37 am #

It looks great, love the colors you used. Persistance is so important in art, isn’t it?

3. Monica Yvette June 9, 2007 at 1:34 pm #

Your painting is very nice. It looks like it could be used as a motif for a textile print.

4. blushing apples June 9, 2007 at 3:23 pm #

i just discovered this blog(flickr.com) and its one of my favorites! :D

5. day-lab Blog June 10, 2007 at 6:30 am #

hey! it’s amy from day-lab. :)
    i noticed the drapes in this picture..and noticed you had bought the fabric from reprodepot (i love that place..). and i was curious how you ended up making them? did you sew or use the iron-on stitch stuff…i am about to make the panels for my sewing room finally and i am not sure if i want just panels…or actual functioning drapes. yours look so nice! p.s. i almost got that fabric!! :)

6. Nicole June 10, 2007 at 9:04 am #

Thanks, everyone!

Um… regarding the curtains… yes, I did buy the fabric from reprodepot. I haven’t sewn them (or used the iron-on stuff) yet though! I just hung the fabric over the curtain rod, so all of the edges are unfinished. I don’t know how to sew, but I’m going to try to learn by doing the curtains (I bought lining and everything)! :)

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Our Entry & Stairway - April 17, 2010

[...] hung a small painting that I made and put up a cute switchplate from Anthropologie. Above the railing that we installed, I hung four [...]