33 September 13, 2007

My Apartment Therapy House Tour!

It’s up! It’s up! I’ve been looking forward to it! Can you tell?

Apartment Therapy House Tour

The photos look so good! Check it out…House Tour: Nicole and Brandon’s Oak Park Bungalow

Thank you, Apartment Therapy!

September 13, 2007 at 3:00 pm

yay! how much fun. my house was on the l.a. one last year. it was really a fun experience.

September 13, 2007 at 4:02 pm

I discovered your blog three weeks ago and I’ve been transfixed and impressed by the care you’ve taken it to make it a home. Congrats on your Apartment Therapy posting.

September 13, 2007 at 4:30 pm

how awesome! I love it. Can you come fix up my house? :)

September 13, 2007 at 4:41 pm

oh my god your house is AMAZING!!!! Can you come decorate my house for me?!

September 13, 2007 at 6:21 pm

So inspiring! I hope that mine looks as good when I am finished with it.

September 13, 2007 at 6:26 pm

So awesome and the images look gorgeous! Congratulations!

September 13, 2007 at 6:41 pm

so great – where did you get your screensaver, shown in the pics?
    it’s so cute!

September 13, 2007 at 6:45 pm

hi nicole, i saw your house in apt therapy and it looks terrific! a real source of inspiration for me as i’m currently doing up my home too.

September 13, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Congrats! That’s a great article. And I am glad that they used your library photo as the main pic. That is my favorite. I really love your shelves.

September 13, 2007 at 9:56 pm

The photos look great, Nicole!

I hope I’ll get to see you this weekend!

September 14, 2007 at 1:26 am

hey i just saw your home featured on AT!! looks absolutely gorgeous :) can’t wait to see more! congrats!

September 14, 2007 at 3:50 am

Mazel tov! Your home looks phenomenal. You should be very proud of yourself :)

Jillian Frances
    September 14, 2007 at 5:34 am

Congratulations! Your house looks absolutely amazing. I especially love your use of color and ability to mix up items from different price points. You make good design feel so accessible. Thanks for sharing! I love everything.

Jamie Meares
    September 14, 2007 at 7:08 am

yayayyya!! fame! fortune!

kate (pm)
    September 14, 2007 at 8:16 am

So cool, Nicole!

September 14, 2007 at 8:49 am

I loved it! But I love your blog more b/c you put together those snappy magazine layouts for your rooms.

Also, the tour didn’t feature your fabulous new kitchen and great DIY backspalsh. You are my hero…heroine! because of that backsplash.

Nice job. See you @ the fair.

September 14, 2007 at 9:15 am

I am in awe. You and your husband are a testament to hard work and commitment. I have been following your blog for a bit now and just love everything you have done with your bungalow. My favorite type of house the is 1920’s bungalow and you have done yours proud.

September 14, 2007 at 9:52 am

i love how you mixed vintage and modern, neutrals with colors – your home is beautiful!

September 14, 2007 at 11:34 am

Nicole, I really like your curtains in the living room. Where can I get something similar? :)

September 14, 2007 at 8:41 pm

Congrats Nicole! I know how hard you have worked and it has really paid off.:)

The Chic-agoans
    September 15, 2007 at 10:50 am

Congratulations! I love the tasteful way you mixed more than one style. Gorgeous! I’m loving the simple curtain on the sloped window and contrast of the cream stripe against the rich brown of the wall. Cozy and funky room at the same time :)

September 16, 2007 at 6:51 am

I echo goosefairy’s comment.

Are you all done know is the blog over? Say it ain’t so!

Brilliant Asylum
    September 16, 2007 at 10:03 am

Very cool. Your house looks great.

September 17, 2007 at 8:58 am

Congratulations, Nicole! So does this mean that you’re done with the house? How did the stairway turn out? I don’t think we’ve seen final photos of it yet.

Is there any chance that you’ll revive the idea of offering suggestions to those of us who are about to undertake rennovations but need a little style advice? I have a kitchen that needs tackling & I’d love to hear some suggestions from you. :D

Jackie Von Tobel
    September 18, 2007 at 10:06 pm

Just found your blog. Congrats on your AT photo tour. You are obviously the Queen of organization!! Love the drapes on the MB Closet and the glass fronted bookshelves. I’m in awe of your work space – so much room!

Nicole | Making it Lovely
    September 19, 2007 at 11:01 am

Just to assuage any fears – no we are NOT done with the house (and the blog)! The Apartment Therapy photoshoot actually happened back in June (Ready For Our Close-up). That’s also why our kitchen and bathroom weren’t included – they weren’t done at that point! A lot has changed since then, and we still have quite a bit to do.

L – the background on my computer was from copacetique. I think it’s just so cute (Coke + ice cream = breakfast)!

Jenifer, the yellow curtains are from Crate & Barrel. The white curtains underneath now are from west elm, but in the photoshoot, I think we still had the sheer IKEA ones up.

September 19, 2007 at 5:09 pm

Thx Nicole! Also, is your George Nelson lamp 18″ or 25″ in diameter? I am thinking of ordering one but can’t decide which size to get.

Nicole | Making it Lovely
    September 19, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Mine is the 25″ (medium).

September 24, 2007 at 5:53 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!! You both did a fantastic job!

perfect bound
    November 3, 2007 at 10:59 am

Late to the game but I still had to tell you I love your style. I’m rediscovering pink wall paint and now have a similar shade in my office. A red lamp is next.

January 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm

congrats! AT should do another home tour because your style and home have changed since your last tour. And, it’s all still so lovely.

March 19, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Stunning!!! WOW!

harlie @ loveofsunshine.com
    July 15, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Just browsing the archives and stumbled on this. It’s amazing to see how much your home changed and your style developed over 6 years! I can’t wait to see what you do in the next 6 years with your new house!