Archer

“Squeee!!”

That is the approximate sound I made when I found out that Archer is now available.

Archer Font

The font was created for Martha Stewart Living, but their exclusive license has now expired. It’s a versatile and beautiful font. Pricey, but worth it.

I’ve already purchased my copy.

20 Responses to “Archer”

1. Lili January 28, 2008 at 4:05 pm #

oh dear.

2. Valérie January 28, 2008 at 4:27 pm #

Ugh! Such a beautiful font (I’m a font maniac too), but the price made me feel close to desesperation… I’d rather buy a new flat screen! ;)

3. Christine January 28, 2008 at 8:49 pm #

Oh, I love that font too! Probably won’t buy it unless I can talk a client into purchasing it. :-)

4. Courtney Baker January 28, 2008 at 9:12 pm #

I must, must, must have this font… I’ve loved it from the first time I saw it. :) I knew it was going to be released but am so glad for the reminder!

5. nikkirose January 29, 2008 at 4:40 pm #

WOW. Great font! It’s studious… with soft ends to balance it.

6. kristen January 29, 2008 at 9:15 pm #

amazingly beautiful typeface..i’m in awe

7. mary.c January 29, 2008 at 10:47 pm #

Ooh, what wonderful news! I’ve been saving for so many fonts… I need to finally buy them!

8. Sommer January 31, 2008 at 2:51 pm #

It’s a very gentle font and that’s always nice. It’s really quite beautiful and clean, but the price tag? A little high for me.

9. Julie February 1, 2008 at 9:01 pm #

Gah! I still haven’t bought Gotham and Numbers yet!

10. Jason February 15, 2008 at 1:20 am #

I finally got around to posting my gush about this ultra-sexy font family. This is easily one of the most versatile slab serifs you could buy. On the price of admission, I do like that you can get a base set of 10 (of the 40! total) for $199. Not too shabby.

I don’t care that I have to eat a little less this week to offset the cash I threw down for Archer. I’m in love.

BTW Nicole, I found you because of this post. Very nice. We’ll be keeping an eye on you.

11. Isadore November 6, 2008 at 4:51 pm #

Have you had any problems with the restrictions of the licensing and getting things printed? I haven’t bought a font quite like this before.

12. Jazmin February 7, 2009 at 3:14 pm #

Can we use these on websites and blogs or is it just for graphic designers?

13. Bilgola February 10, 2009 at 1:11 pm #

How would you guys feel if I told you that Wells Fargo is changing its corporate typeface from Myriad and Sabon to Archer?

• Angelie August 14, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

Wretched!

14. Laura Kent December 3, 2009 at 8:27 pm #

do you know the name of the font that is on the packages that are on the front cover of Martha Stewart living? Thanks Laura

15. Tami March 17, 2010 at 9:46 am #

Does anyone know of a similar font? I’ve already had my company throwdown for the Gotham, and can’t really make the argument that we need Archer too, but I love the look!

16. Erin March 18, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

A really close font to Archer is Museo, and its free here:
    It’s not the same, but pretty close, and the price is right. I’ve been using it for the last few months, while trying to decide whether or not to shell out for Archer, and I finally just purchased it yesterday. I’m over the moon, and will have to work very hard to not use it on everything from now on!

17. Bryan April 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

This is, truly, on of the best new fonts in the last 5 years.

18. Amanda May 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

I have found a font called Beton which seems quite similar to Archer but is a much more affordable price.

1. Schnörkellos. Fast. | formschub.de | blog - July 30, 2011

[…] Auszeichnungsschrift „Archer” des Schriftbüros Hoefler & Frere-Jones identifizieren; offenbar einst exklusiv für die Zeitschrift „Martha Stewart Living” der US-amerikanischen […]