24 December 3, 2008

Sequin Balls

I wish I could find a good place in the house for these. They’re too awesome to live in plastic bags in the basement.

foyer
(They were up in the old apartment for the holidays.)

rachel
    December 3, 2008 at 5:48 pm

wow, those are fabulous… did you make them? i’m imagining that they are some kind of styrafoam ball with a bead and sequin disc attached with pin or glue? but they look better than that so do tell… i’m dreaming of them in turquoise and chocolate brown for my living room….

Making it Lovely
    December 3, 2008 at 5:51 pm

I bought them at Pier 1 a few years ago. I bet they wouldn’t be that hard to make though! You can use sequins on string (like ribbon) to make them easier to wrap around a ball…

Suzanne
    December 3, 2008 at 6:11 pm

They can come live at my house year round.

Kathleen
    December 3, 2008 at 6:17 pm

What place ISN’T good for those! They’re fabulous.

rachel
    December 3, 2008 at 6:38 pm

you are so sweet to post so quickly! i love it! and your house, and your style, and your soon to be baby… too bad i moved away from chicagoland, darn it!

Katerina
    December 3, 2008 at 6:41 pm

I like the balls, but what I have noticed in the picture thought is those red “flower” like things in the white vase. I love them! Did you make them? And if yes, how? Could you please send me a clue? Maybe a more detailed photo?

Liz
    December 3, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Love the balls. What about over the door – like mistletoe? What is in that vase? So lovely, vibrant, and fun!

stephanie
    December 3, 2008 at 7:14 pm

I think they would be fun in a baby’s room – babies like sparkly shiny stuff to look at, right?

(And thanks for noticing my little houses! It always gives you a nice, happy feeling when cool people like what you do.)

Nicole
    December 3, 2008 at 7:20 pm

Hang them outside on the porch with the pink flowers

cara beth buie
    December 3, 2008 at 7:25 pm

Are those from Pier One? I used to work there and we sold some just like those a few years back. We always sold out quickly. I still love them. Bring them back out this year and make a bold statement anywhere in the house!

Making it Lovely
    December 3, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Stephanie, your little houses are amazing! I love them.

Katerina, those were from Pier 1 as well. Here’s a detail shot:
    pailettes

Stella
    December 3, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Those are eye catching. I think they will look good in hallways or entryways. By they way, I stumbled on your site from Apartment therapy, love the ideas.

Courtney
    December 3, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Is it weird to tell you that I love your balls. Doesn’t sound quite right…but I do. And your blog. I left you a really cheesy award over at my blog…just to let you know that you rock.

andreaj8781
    December 4, 2008 at 2:46 am

Those are awesome…I wonder if they still have them?

Sam
    December 4, 2008 at 10:30 am

My daughter would love those in her room! I love that dress form :)

FT
    December 4, 2008 at 10:59 am

Wow, I just love those. I can see doing that quickly with paillettes with holes and pins.

Bryn
    December 4, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Thank you so much for posting this. You gave me such inspiration for my Holiday decor. I wasn’t even going to put anything up this year, but I am going to try to DIY these. If the sequin strips are too expensive, I may just use tons and tons of glitter and spray adhesive.

Thanks again, I love this blog so much!

danielle
    December 4, 2008 at 2:13 pm

i had forgotten about your fabulous sequined balls! they are fabulous!

Vanessa
    December 4, 2008 at 3:51 pm

I agree with hanging them in the new baby girl room. My little guy loves things that sparkle. You could put them over your dresser/changing table to give her something to look at (and bat when she gets older).

megan
    December 4, 2008 at 5:36 pm

we have about 12 of these in smaller form that we put on display in a large crystal vase during the holidays. very simple, but very pretty :)

Monica
    December 4, 2008 at 7:52 pm

A friend has had some similar in silver hanging over her son’s crib (now bed) since he was an infant. I guess you could call it her mobile. How about hanging them over baby’s crib?

drey
    December 4, 2008 at 9:20 pm

i love these red balls!!! how festive!

btw you’ve just been awarded a “i love your blog” award… keep on blogging!

read more on my blog :)

lindsaywillman
    December 5, 2008 at 2:18 pm

hang ’em in the nursery

michelle
    December 5, 2008 at 2:29 pm

AHH, too cute, most def. Hmmm, where should they go…