16 November 19, 2010

Middle Colors Humidifier

It’s expensive, but I think I’m going to have to get this. I’m really sick of the ugly drugstore humidifier that takes up residence in our bedroom each winter.

Gizmine (via Swiss Miss)

Ryan Green
    November 19, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Awesome, find! I thought it was going to be crazy expensive, but I can handle $120 in lieu of having something ugly in the bedroom.

Shilo
    November 19, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Wow! So stylish! Humidifiers are ultra-neccessary during New York winter and like you, the drug-store one I’ve owned for the last four years is hideous.

I will take the gloss black! Yes!

Abbie
    November 19, 2010 at 4:40 pm

We put one on our Wishpot registry when I was pregnant. No one purchased it, but I’m thinking of getting it myself!

Sandra
    November 19, 2010 at 9:30 pm

OMG GET THE PINK RHINESTONE VERSION!@!!

Ashley
    November 19, 2010 at 10:29 pm

While the Middle Colors humidifier is much sleeker, this (pink!) one from Target is a similar shape and only $50: http://www.target.com/Crane-Drop-Shape-Cool-Humidifier/dp/B0026IC29G/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_2_title

Making it Lovely
      November 19, 2010 at 10:33 pm

That would be great for Eleanor’s room! I would love to get three of the sleek ones to put one in each bedroom, but yeah, that’s not going to happen. I did buy one in white for our room, so I’ll report back on how it is. Shipping was EXPENSIVE ($50).

Making it Lovely
      November 19, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Dun dun dunnnhhh. It comes in white too. It’s not as nice looking as the Japanese one, but much more affordable.

Crane Drop Shape 2.3 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier (Green, Orange, Pink, or White)

Ashley
        November 19, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Oooh! That white one is not bad at all. Why didn’t I think to check for these on Amazon? I’m anxious to hear how the fancy one works for you because it is definitely on the expensive side, but you can’t beat the aesthetics!

Sarah
    November 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I also was going to suggest the Target one. I have it in green for my son’s room. I love it!

» Honor Roll (no. 20) Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so.
    November 21, 2010 at 12:07 am

[…] Filing Cabinet. There are so many extra goodies over there, like this affordable gold sequin skirt, modern humidifiers, and me with Jonathan Adler. Honor Roll | […]

Making it Lovely
    November 29, 2010 at 10:11 am

Mine arrived today and it is cute! I bought the less expensive Crane humidifiers for the kids’ rooms, but the Middle Colors humidifier is much better suited to an adult’s space. It looks like a normal vase (yay!).

Tonia
      December 14, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I am planning on purchasing the Middle Colors Humidifier but am curious to know how well you like it functionwise? I know it’s pretty, but how well does it perform and how easy is it to clean/refill? Thanks Nicole! I love your blog and your style is Uh-mazing!

Making it Lovely
    December 23, 2010 at 10:50 am

I’ve been using the humidifier for a couple of weeks now, so I thought I’d give you a little report.

It’s easy to figure out, and mine even had a page of English instructions included. It works well, but there are a few drawbacks. There are only two speeds, and running it at full speed only lasts for 7-8 hours. Once it’s empty, it makes a very loud BEEP,BEEP,BEEP! So if you sleep longer than that, the beep may wake you up. The other drawback is that it runs in 10-second cycles (the fan is on for 10 seconds or so, then off for about 2, repeat, repeat, repeat). It’s quiet, but I have it on my bedside table so I hear it cycle on and off.

ElDropo
    January 5, 2012 at 12:16 am

I have one that started to grow a little mold inside. My instructions are only in Japanese. Anyone know if the unit opens up, or how to really clean it?

rebecca
    January 16, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Mine broke after a year:(