An Update on the Lack of Updates

The basement still isn’t done. STILL.

No, you haven’t missed August’s nursery (many people have been asking). Eleanor is still in the nursery until we can convert my studio into her bedroom, and the studio needs to be moved into the basement for that to happen.

The bathroom is nearing completion, and the laundry room is nearing what I’ve begun thinking of as the 1.0 version.

Also, sleep? We could all use a little more. August is somewhat nocturnal. He’s a sweetie though, so we forgive him.

46 Responses to “An Update on the Lack of Updates”

1. Patti March 3, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

What a beautiful photo, Nicole.
    Thank you for sharing your sweet family and home with us.
    Wishing you all the best.
    -Patti

2. Ann Ever March 3, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

Understand. On the bright side, your hair looks great!

3. michelle March 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

Hope it all happens soon for you guys!!! on a bright note that photo of you two is soooo sweet and vintage looking! a classic for sure.

4. tiina { sparkling ink } March 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

Oh, no worries. Hopefully there will be more sleep to come too! xx

5. Nicole S. March 3, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

Seriously – that hair cut is amazing on you!

6. Gwendolyn March 3, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

I had wondered about the nursery! Hopefully everything gets into place soon! Good luck on getting some sleep!

7. Gina March 3, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

I’ve been following you for a while through your first pregnancy to now and honestly you have never looked better!! You look amazing!! Just keep having babies – it’s obviously agreeing with you – and they are sooo cute :-)

8. hanna March 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

I’m here to say the same thing as others – great hair cut! You look amazing!

9. Anne @ It's a Baltimore Life March 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I love your haircut!! Instead of updates I’ll settle for baby pics ;)

10. Holly G March 3, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

Gorgeous picture!

11. ronda March 3, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

Cute picture Nicole!

12. Danielle March 3, 2011 at 4:36 pm #

Thanks for the update – and I agree with everyone else, the photo is absolutely darling. :)

I have to say, I am in absolute awe what you accomplish here and in your home. I’m a newbie blogger and I struggle to find time to write posts – and I don’t have kids, let alone a newborn!

Good luck on all the projects!

13. Diana Smith March 3, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

You look fabulous in the picture though! Sorry you haven’t been getting a lot of sleep! Its rough, as you know! Its like you are a walking zombie!! Can’t wait to see your rooms finished!

14. Paula/adhocmom March 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

Yeah, your hair looks amazing, you’re standing and managed to put up a coherent post. That’s very impressive. I’m terrified of the idea of a second and my daughter just turned 3!

15. morgan March 3, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

Side note – your hair looks really cute! Hang in there!

16. Nicole March 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

Congrats sweetie! We all understand the newborn hibernation phase. xo

17. Julie March 3, 2011 at 5:21 pm #

Cute haircut!

18. jbhat March 3, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

Ummm…you just had a baby. Take your time!! We are not going anywhere. And you really do look amazing.

jbhat

19. April March 3, 2011 at 5:35 pm #

Beautiful photo of you two.

20. rhiannon March 3, 2011 at 6:29 pm #

awww, look at that precious little head. adorable!

21. Stephanie March 3, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

What a sweet picture! And, I love your hair!

22. bungalowbliss March 3, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t wondered about the basement…but then I just tell myself that yeah, you kind of have a few things going on. Pics like this one are a fine substitute! :)

23. Natalie March 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

That is SUCH a cute picture of you and August!

Umm I think it’s pretty understandable that you’re a LITTLE bit busy at the moment to re-organize your entire house! Don’t worry, we {your followers} aren’t going anywhere. :)

Enjoy this weekend with your little one!

24. Ann March 3, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

I just love your hair longer, you look so great!!

25. Christine March 3, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

We completely understand. And may I say how nice it is to see such a wonderful family as yours having the same struggles as the rest of us. My husband and I are expecting our third child. Although we have a 4 bedroom home, our 4th bedroom is currently the office/laundry. So, we too must finish our basement (much like the before condition of your basement) before we can make the big switch. Thank you so much for your inspirational photos and blogs regarding your process. I wish you much success with the completion of the basement and nursery.

26. Diana March 3, 2011 at 10:05 pm #

No worries, we know why you’re busy! Would you mind explaining August’s name? I love it and would love to know how you guys chose it!

27. Jen @ Rambling Renovators March 3, 2011 at 10:13 pm #

Enjoy that sweet boy of yours :) The rest will wait.

28. Heidi March 3, 2011 at 10:24 pm #

You look so beautiful . . . I love the picture of you with your baby!!

29. Delta March 3, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

Please don’t worry about us! Take care of your family and your home… we will be waiting to see all the goodness you have to share when you are ready!Oh – and yes… your hair is awesome! So chic! Also… if you need it, try this book – it’s supposed to be a good one: “The Baby Sleep Solution: A Proven Program to Teach Your Baby to Sleep Twelve Hours a Night” Good Luck!

30. aussie jo March 4, 2011 at 12:43 am #

really nice photo.

great hair cut!

31. fab March 4, 2011 at 1:06 am #

I love your blog ….So lovely.
    congratulation for your little boy.

32. Funnelcloud Rachel March 4, 2011 at 4:53 am #

Oh, but what a beautiful photo!

33. Jen J. March 4, 2011 at 7:43 am #

thanks for being real Nicole! I have a 3 yr old, am only 12 weeks pregnant and get overwhelmed when thinking about all the projects we need to finish around here before the baby arrives. It’s good to be reminded that if it doesn’t all get done, the world is not going to fall apart. And taking care of your family is what is most important :) hope you get some good sleep soon-and what a beautiful picture.

34. Susan @ Jubilee Furniture March 4, 2011 at 8:00 am #

My “baby” turns 20 in a couple of weeks and his older sister is 22. You’ll have plenty of time to sleep down the road and some day will long for the sleepless nights with a newborn instead of the sleepless nights due to hot flashes! Seriously. Enjoy your beautiful family! Relax. It eventually all gets done – or – you find out it didn’t really matter in the first place! Either way you win!

35. Nicole,
    I so remember those days! Hope you get some sleep soon and August becomes a little less of a night owl.
    Best,
    Amy

36. Sasha March 4, 2011 at 8:38 am #

That photo is just lovely. And I love your hair! Well wishes upon your household…xoxo

37. Noel March 4, 2011 at 8:46 am #

So glad to hear you are enjoying your wonderful family. The home pics are gravy right now (for this regular reader, anyway). Your priorities are exactly right.

38. Connie March 4, 2011 at 8:58 am #

I had my baby girl on Feb. 16, so I’m amazed that you even post at all! Mine is nocturnal too. There’s a reason why they’re made so cute! Here’s to sleeping thru the night soon…

39. Amanda Fellers March 4, 2011 at 9:33 am #

This could be my favorite picture of you! Beautiful Mamma! and i’m crushing on your hair style…

40. Hollyp March 4, 2011 at 10:04 am #

You look amazingly together for the mother of a newborn and a toddler!

41. samsonizzle March 4, 2011 at 10:07 am #

Take your time on the house, girl. We can wait. Enjoy your little ones, your husband, and as much sleep as you can get!

Aww…Susan’s post a few back is right on.

42. katek March 4, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

it will happen when it happens!

43. Ann Wilson March 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

When you posted the post natal picture of you moaning about your lack of sleep, I thought you never looked more beautiful. A few days later you mentioned that you used a Clarisonic. You should sign up for an Amazon store, because you could sell a boatload of them. I loved your red hair, but this current style is great.
    You might have been just looking for blog content when you mentioned the shelves in the basement bathroom. I would wait on buying something. The perfect thing will pop up in the next year, probably for nothing. Do you have any more poses of your husband sitting in the old toilet room? That would make a great poster. Why don’t you hang a picture of that in the new room? AnnW

44. Shannon March 5, 2011 at 11:24 am #

Love your haircut!!

45. Sarah Jane March 7, 2011 at 8:36 am #

What a lovely photo. Your life sounds just about like mine right now! Our little guy finally came March 3 and we’re in the “move this to that so this can happen” phase too! Such is life! But those sweet new ones make it all worthwhile!

46. Kara March 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

I think you look great! I love your hair style.