Little Style / Big Style: Metallic Oxford Shoes

Those little girls’ oxfords are Eleanor’s new shoes for the fall. Is it crazy to be considering a matching pair for me? I promise I wouldn’t put ribbon laces in mine.

• Little Girls’ Pink Metallic Oxfords, Nordstrom
  • Women’s Silver Baisley Boyfriend Cap Toe Oxfords, Fossil

34 Responses to “Little Style / Big Style: Metallic Oxford Shoes”

1. haya August 10, 2011 at 11:57 am #

those are the coolest shoes ever!!

2. Arianne August 10, 2011 at 11:58 am #

Not crazy at all – love those grownup shoes! :)

3. Chedva August 10, 2011 at 11:59 am #

So cool! You don’t have to wear them at the same time (though I don’t thing it would hurt, my biggest dream as a little girl was to match my mom), but please don’t use pink ribbon as shoelace!

4. Katie August 10, 2011 at 12:00 pm #

If I had a daughter I would totally get the matching pair! Go for it!

5. kathy August 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

i find it sweet when moms and daughters share a similiar style – no matter what their ages – so i say “go for it!” … and then please show us a photo of the two of you together in your style-y shoes!

6. Melissa M. August 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

I have a pair of metallic oxfords! (These: http://www.6pm.com/boutique-9-ronnie-gold-metallic) I wear them ALL THE TIME. Instant pizzazz!

7. Cassie August 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm #

No, not crazy! It’s fun and there will come a day when she’ll want nothing to do with dressing like her mommy, so I say do it while you can.

Now, is there something weird with having matching shoes with a son? Because I totally want to get my toddler matching mocs to mine, but my friends are advising me against it.

• Making it Lovely August 10, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

You’re right. I should go for it while I still can!

And I think it would be equally adorable for a mother/son team. Maybe even more so.

8. Katie August 10, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

Ohh i love the touch of ribbon! xo

9. Bonnie August 10, 2011 at 2:31 pm #

Go for it! I’ll be looking for the two of you on the streets of Chicago!

Best,
    Bonnie

10. jessica August 10, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

I *had* some silver oxfords in 7th grade! Oh how I loved them. I wore them even after the silver scuffed away on the toes.

11. Kelley August 10, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

Crazy? Not at all! I can’t wait until my 7 mo. old daughter and I can wear matching outfits :)

12. Gloria August 10, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

So cute! I had some boring white ones when I was little. Betsey Johnson had some gold glittered ones I have my eye on. Buy them and post pictures!

13. Jen August 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

I feel a little relieved, I bought some new red shoes the other day to match my 5 yr olds for an upcoming wedding …

I love your choice, hey, why not? :)

14. Dianne August 10, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

I would be OK if you didn’t wear them together. Though I think that is the idea here.

I have this thing about matching mother daughter outfits. Either the daughter looks too old or the mother looks too juvenile.

Sorry,
    Dianne

• Making it Lovely August 10, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

I would probably feel silly in matching outfits. I’ve unintentionally matched shoes with Eleanor before though (both wearing red flats). I think it could be cute if it’s subtle.

15. b.a. August 10, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

even target has little girls’ metallic oxfords! they are sooo adorable.

• Making it Lovely August 10, 2011 at 8:04 pm #

Oh, cute! I hadn’t seen them, but I went to check after your comment. They even have the ribbon shoelaces!
      silver oxfords

16. kim August 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm #

I just got a pair of Oxfords myself. What are you planning to wear yours with? Please do one of your style posts using Oxfords…for mom and tot! :)

• Making it Lovely August 10, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

Here’s a style post from last August with Oxfords. I’d wear them with skinny jeans and a more feminine top, or a short(ish) dress and tights.

17. trouble August 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

The shoes are so cute. ^ ^

• anne August 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

i can’t find them on nordstrom website! help!

18. Marie August 11, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

seeing these reminded me of when I was a kid and had to spray paint my ballet shoes and tap shoes silver when it was recital time. I bet you could find some oxfords at a salvation army and spray them to ahieve the same effect (and save some major bucks). On a side note, whenever my daughter’s cheapo Target glitter shoes get scuffed we usually just apply some glue and glitter in different colors.

19. Krissy August 13, 2011 at 4:40 am #

Only a little girl, and I’m stealing Eleanor’s style secrets. ;) I’m totally putting ribbons in my shoes instead of laces.

20. Robin August 18, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

I can’t wait to see pictures of Eleanor in these shoes! Share, please?!?! I’m seriously contemplating them for my Emmaline.

1. Metallic Oxford Shoes for Little Girls | Family Style - August 11, 2011

[...] I posted them on my blog (along with a matching pair for women), and someone left a comment that the shoes were also [...]

2. Metallic Oxfords Follow-up | Making it Lovely - September 20, 2011

[...] we did it. We’re totally dressing like twinsies. Minus the ribbon laces for [...]

3. A Few Of My Favorite Things- Baby Shoes Edition « weliveoutloud - January 30, 2012

[...] these on this blog.  She got them from [...]

4. Little Style / Big Style: Coral Slingback Flats | Making it Lovely - March 7, 2013

[...] I’ve already picked up a pair of these little shoes for Eleanor, and I just stumbled upon the ladies’ version. I’m tempted to pick them up for myself now, as I do have a thing for matching mama/daughter shoes. [...]