Patterned Pillows for the Color-Shy

Here’s a nice way to add a little pattern without going all boom boom pow.

stripespolka dotsfloraltexturemonogrampretty

p.s. I’ve got you covered if you like that boom boom pow.

10 Responses to “Patterned Pillows for the Color-Shy”

1. MamGigi September 27, 2011 at 9:18 am #

My last house was this post. I was so afraid of color and pattern because I wanted my house to be relaxing and peaceful, so we did a lot of neutral textures and they looked GREAT together. Our new house (six months in) is ALL COLOR. I’m still having a hard time adding any other pattern since we have really graphic curtains. Your other post MAY inspire me to spend some time fabric shopping today (if I don’t get pattern shy).

2. Cara @ CGC September 27, 2011 at 9:32 am #

I would definitely say I’m a bit color shy, as I prefer to decorate with tone-on-tone and texture, but I like the occasion pop of color when I can find the right shade, print, pattern, etc. Any ideas for those like me, afraid of the huge “pow” factor but looking to stray from our neutrals just a bit? :)

• Making it Lovely September 29, 2011 at 11:49 pm #

Try bringing in colored pillows with a nice texture. That’s not too scary, right? (You can do it.)

3. Heather September 27, 2011 at 9:49 am #

I’m definitely color prone! These pillows inspire me to pick up a few neutrals, however, whenever I’m faced with the decision I tend to go with color! :)

4. Evelyn September 27, 2011 at 11:22 am #

I love color but live in neutrals. These are awesome, still fun and not too country/burlapy.

5. Mariesa September 27, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

Very cool! And, was that a Black Eyed Peas reference I saw? Love it!

• Making it Lovely September 29, 2011 at 11:51 pm #

Yep. I think I’ve been making a few pop song references lately… must be the kitchen dance parties I’ve been having daily with the kiddos.

6. Glenda September 27, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

i like these in a bedroom… peaceful…zen… but i definitely love pops of color.

7. Marianna Truckman September 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

This is truly helpful! I’ve always needed help mixing textures/patterns/etc. to make a ‘finished’ look.
    Thanks!

8. Susan Hazel September 28, 2011 at 9:10 am #

I have an obsession with throw pillow right now. Thank you for feeding it. I love the striped one!