Honor Roll

Sometimes I come across something so cute/sweet/charming/funny/pretty/inspiring/lovely that I just want to share it with you.  These are the things that have made my  honor roll.

I also write daily for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here’s what I’ve been sharing over there…

15 Responses to “Honor Roll”

1. J January 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

Shoes – nope, I cannot imagine walking around Paris (miles and miles) in non supportive J Crew ballet flats…my feet would ache and I’d feel each stone underfoot!

• Making it Lovely January 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

What would you wear instead? I wear ballet flats daily.

• rebecca January 13, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

I’m with you J – something tells me Joanna Goddard takes un taxi and le metro. Those ballet flats are tres chic but not for tromping around as a tourist.

• Sarah January 15, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

I love flats as well, but I agree that support is crucial. I have a pair of red patent leather Naturalizers that are sadly no longer available. These red leather flats by El Naturalista (not a rip-off company, promise!) via Zappos have a similar fun feel: http://www.zappos.com/el-naturalista-el-viajero-n284-otono-lila?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_pdp_cross

2. Mandi January 13, 2012 at 11:30 pm #

In two weeks we are moving into a mid century ranch with a built-in oven…. from the 1990s. I am dying to replace it someday with a vintage-style built-in oven, but can’t find any! It’s just not fair that the ’50s had all the fun.

3. Cathy Byrd January 14, 2012 at 8:43 am #

LOVE IT!! attractive – functional – YES – open for kids – teach them as they grow
    Love the idea!
    I’m saving this one!
    Cathy Byrd

4. Brianna January 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

When my mother in law was house hunting we looked at rancher with pink appliances and adorable glass drawer pulls everywhere. I was dying for her to buy that house! (She didn’t)

5. Miss B. January 14, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

I love the passion in the shoe discussion, lol. I am notorious for not wearing the right shoes for walking about. I almost always regret my choice of footwear and wish I wore something else. I had a pair of Vivienne Westwood pirate boots (very Mad Max) that were surprisingly comfortable and I wore them until they were no more.

6. Nat @ Dear Little House January 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

I would love to have amazing retro appliances! I saw an awesome light blue vintage oven on eBay and was very VERY tempted!

7. Brittany Lauren January 14, 2012 at 10:40 pm #

A retro kitchen is my dream. I’d love a red vintage refrigerator from here: http://www.nostalgiaco.com. Great website that sells vintage 1950’s Appliances — Might motivate me to cook more :)

8. michele January 15, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

The retro look is appealing. I think it brings back good memories for many.

9. lindsay January 17, 2012 at 11:40 am #

Lady, you’re so cute. I love seeing videos of bloggers I love, it makes them feel like more of a real person! I love love making it lovely, you’ve become one of my daily reads!

10. Stephanie January 18, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

Hey! That’s my oven / range in the ad on the right! Except, mine are a rather questionable brown color… I’m almost annoyed to think whoever put them into my house (50 years ago) didn’t pick that lovely light blue color… But hey, I can’t complain, they still work, and they work well!

11. Kitchen Renovation Ideas January 22, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

These vintage pictures do have a quite special charm. Let you remind you of the good ol’ 60s. I just came across your blog and I have to say, it’s great! I love all the nice creative things you have here and the decoration stuff. Amazing and really cute!

1. The Willam Morris Project- Apartment Style | Dear Husband|Dear Wife|Dear Baby - January 18, 2012

[...] found out about Jules’ William Morris Project from Nicole Balch’s most recent Honor Roll over at Making it Lovely. Her link brought me here, and that led me here, which led me here and [...]