Lighting: Hanging Drum Shades

Continuing on in our lighting miniseries, we have the hanging drum shades. I think these are particularly well-suited to living rooms, but they’re versatile.

1. Turning Pendant (Wood/White), $149

2. Charles Bronze Chandelier, $399

3. Half Moon Pendant, $635

4. Short Drum Pendant (Gray Felt), $149

5. Kulla, $70

6. Weave Pendant Light, $199

7. Eden Pendant Lamp, $60

17 Responses to “Lighting: Hanging Drum Shades”

1. TieDye64 March 7, 2012 at 2:21 am #

Now this is more my style. I like the simplicity of these and may get one for my small dining area.

2. Allison March 7, 2012 at 5:38 am #

I don’t know how to describe why 1 jumps out at me, but it’s so simple/ so unique somehow & I love it!

3. lea March 7, 2012 at 11:11 am #

I love the higher frequency of your posts.

4. Christine G March 7, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

This is just the post I needed! Thanks for the link to the CB2 drum pendant. It’s not quite the size I need for my dining room, but then I found out that they have a bigger similar pendant that’s perfect at almost 35″ diam. Only question is, is it wrong to paint a $230 light? Hmmm.

Loveandapples.blog.ca

• Making it Lovely March 8, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

…maybe you should practice on a thrift store find first? But if you’re confident in your painting skills, I say go for it!

5. Molly the Waffler March 7, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

I love the Charles Bronze Chandelier and am actually keeping a look out for a drum shade for over our dining room table. Most of the finishes in the room are oil rubbed bronze (read: black) though…how do you feel about mixing finishes?

• Making it Lovely March 8, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

I think it’s fine to mix finishes, and I do it all the time. Actually, I think it makes a room feel more layered and interesting. Plus bronze and oil-rubbed bronze are natural partners anyway.

6. Amber March 7, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

Love drum shades. We put this Uttermost one in our nook http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014F6LXU/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

Love the texture it brings to the space.

7. Holly Marie Gibbs March 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

Nicole,

Your Pinterest integration with these posts is really well-done. I love how you added the button and created a board for them. I’m giving a talk on using Pinterest to a group next week and I’m going to use this as an example :)

The new blog design is looking great! I can tell a lot of love went into it.

• Making it Lovely March 8, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Thanks! I’m still experimenting and adding new things (like the Pinterest button in the post), and I’m having a lot of fun with it all.

8. Thrifty Lizzie March 7, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

They also have a silver floor lamp with a drum shade available at Target. It’s so lovely! I got it at a store called Dirt Cheap for $20. (Post about it is on my blog.)

9. LisaInIllinois March 8, 2012 at 7:42 am #

I just got the J. Adler light fixture you posted about eons ago for my birthday…I had it tagged as a Favorite and hubby suprised me! Love it!

• Making it Lovely March 8, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Ooh, which one? I’m including the bamboo-style one in an upcoming lighting roundup.

10. Beth March 11, 2012 at 8:06 am #

See what I did with the Eden Pendant Lamp here:

11. keri March 27, 2012 at 11:58 am #

gosh darn, i needed this post about 9 months ago. I ended up buying this from crate and barrel: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/chandeliers-pendants/finley-large-white-pendant-lamp/s684069 but i love all these so much!!

1. Weekly Blueprint - March 12, 2012

[...] your leisure: Ponder lighting. Since Vi is mobile and into everything, this hanging drum shades roundup caught my eye — no floor cords to [...]