Team Pink? Team Blue?

I know that I want a sofa for the new house, and I know that I want it to be colorful. The problem is that I haven’t decided which color for sure yet. (And let’s not even bring Kelly green into the equation.)

A blue kitchen will be visible from this room, so I do want to tie in that color. This is an inspiration-y mood board kind of thing to show you what I’ve been thinking of, so things will change a little. I mean, I’d love that light, but not $6759 worth of love. The couch will be our big ticket item.

Forget Boy vs. Girl. Pink, or Blue?

83 Responses to “Team Pink? Team Blue?”

1. Holly July 2, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

I’d go in a slightly different direction. The blue sofa with the plum wall from the dining room. (Maybe a brighter shade, that is too dark.) Mostly blue accents, and just a punch of pink like the pink starburst pillow.

I’m really feeling the love for plum & blue lately.

2. Ashley July 2, 2013 at 2:29 pm #

Definitely the BLUE! I love the shape and the color, and so much more versatile.

3. Alissa July 3, 2013 at 10:53 pm #

The blue is nice… But so many people do blue. I say go for pink. It is the bolder choice. And if you can rock it, then rock on. Not to mention that there are a ton of crazy cool blue rugs and pillows to tie the blue in.

4. Laura Beth @ Perched on a Whim July 4, 2013 at 5:57 am #

Oooh, nice finds. Each color would provide an entirely different look. I’m curious to see which you choose!

5. Christina W. July 4, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Does this mean we might see a black wall in the new house? Eeeeeeeee!…?

• Making it Lovely July 5, 2013 at 10:13 am #

I’ve been thinking about it! Maybe not black, but an inky charcoal color.

• eskimo*rose July 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm #

I just painted a wall a dark slate-y teal colour and I am totally in love with it!

6. Teri July 9, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

I am team blue, too. I love the beautiful range of pillows available in pinks, and they would be beautiful on a blue sofa. Just saw a blue leather Chesterfield in the Home Decorators Collection catalog that reminded me of you…. We are all so excited to see what you decide!

7. Rose July 11, 2013 at 10:33 am #

Ooh, I just recently watched a rerun of Emily Hendersons show and she did a dark teal room with berry colored accents. It was Ah-mazing. I think it was called something like “California Cool”. This mood board has the same feel to it – totally loving the blue + pink when done right and I really like the color of that blue sofa!

8. Erika Oh July 31, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Hi! I picked out a similar rolled arm sofa in teal a few month ago and it’s now sitting pretty in our little studio. Great choice! We love our sofa and love the color even more, it brings life to the space.

1. Teal for the Win | Making it Lovely - July 9, 2013

[...] went out last week as a family to check out the two sofas I was considering. Brandon liked the shape of the blue one considerably more, so that’s the winner. It still [...]

2. The Double Parlors, Shortly After Moving in | Making it Lovely - September 19, 2013

[…] ordered the much-waffled-about teal sofa before we moved in. No regrets […]

3. The Color Palette Inspiration | Making it Lovely - April 18, 2014

[…] seen that bottom image below here, and I’ve been thinking of picking up a few blue and white porcelain jars or vases like this […]