A Great Striped Skirt

12 Responses to “A Great Striped Skirt”

1. Cassidy July 23, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

So nice. I’m also a fan of stripes (I have three striped dresses and I think I could compete with Liz Lemon on the amount of horizontally striped shirts in my wardrobe) . . . but the striped skirts I’ve seen have always had too-small/too-close stripes, which to me create a “bumble bee butt” effect.

These stripes are just right . ..

2. Lucy July 23, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

I’m a huge fan of black and white stripes! I like the pairings. I especially love the cat ring and Kate Spade shoes!

3. Laura D'Anna July 23, 2013 at 6:37 pm #

Love this outfit!

4. Jessica @ Sunday Loves July 23, 2013 at 9:38 pm #

Love that skirt! I wish I could rock the pencil skirts, but alas, I look like a sausage in them. A-line or bust for me!

You always look great in that style. I’m a little jealous. :) Love the textures on that necklace!

5. Wendy July 24, 2013 at 8:54 am #

Cute outfit. I especially like that clutch, but the “dry clean only” on the skirt doesn’t work for me.

6. Jenny July 24, 2013 at 10:20 am #

ooooh cat ring!! I love it~

7. Tatyana July 24, 2013 at 11:58 am #

Oh, I was missing your style posts! I think I have too much black/white stripe stuff in my closet to get yet another thing but this outfit is really adorable. I am in love with the linen t-shirt (I wish more people would make them – I love the texture). Funny that today I’m wearing a B&W polka dot skirt that I think I could substitute in this outfit. :)

8. Lauren July 24, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

I wore fake glasses for a while because I so desperately wanted to be able to change up my look. No one at my office had a clue. They just told me that I should wear glasses more often! Might try again with those frames you picked…

• Making it Lovely July 25, 2013 at 7:41 am #

That’s funny! They do sell those glasses without prescription lenses, you know…

9. rebeccaNYC July 25, 2013 at 8:44 am #

Love the skirt. I bought several of these skirts from Old Navy this summer, and the quality is amazing. The price is too.

10. Corrin July 26, 2013 at 7:20 am #

I have a million billion of those skirts from Old Navy. Sometimes you can find a real gem there, and this is one.

11. bridget b. July 30, 2013 at 8:53 am #

i love your style posts! they are what originally drew me to your blog way back in the day, although i fell in love with your home shortly afterwards.