21 February 10, 2014

Three Years Old (August’s Yearly Photo)

August is trying, with his hand, to show us that he’s three! (Three is the trickiest number to show with your fingers, you know.)

I took monthly photos of Eleanor until she turned two, and then switched to yearly pictures. Now I’m doing the same for August. New house, new setting, new messy-hair haircut (I tried to comb it), same awesome kid, same chair. August finished up his monthly photos on his birthday last year, so now we’re on to yearly shots!

Three Years Old (August's Yearly Photo)
Three Years Old (August's Yearly Photo)

August's Yearly Photos, 2014

I love having these to look back on.

Previous Photos
View the Entire Series

Jessica S.
    February 10, 2014 at 11:24 am

Such a beautiful kid. He looks cheery and good-natured.

Caroline Royce
    February 10, 2014 at 11:27 am

Couldn’t be a cuter kid.

Katie
    February 10, 2014 at 11:29 am

Love this. We are having our first in June and I want to try and do something similar.

Sarah
    February 10, 2014 at 11:42 am

What a little cutie. Happy Birthday, August! Did he refuse the shirt pin this year?

Erin
    February 10, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Happy Birthday, August!

My oldest turns three tomorrow. Isn’t it crazy how time flies?!

Jenny at Spry On The Wall
    February 10, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I feel really old, I can’t believe he’s already 3! I’ve been reading since before Eleanor was born. Time flies!!!

Laurie
    February 10, 2014 at 12:06 pm

What a cute picture! I love the hair.

I also, love the Darth Vadar on the end table. That made my heart sing a little.

Giulia
    February 10, 2014 at 12:59 pm

So cute. This also reminds me of how long I’ve been following along. You were pregnant with him when I first found your blog.

Sarah @ 702 Park Project
    February 10, 2014 at 1:44 pm

I can’t wait to have kids just so I can take these pictures. Such a cute idea! I love it!

kate
    February 10, 2014 at 2:25 pm

A mighty cute guy! Happy Birthday August!

judy
    February 10, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I kid you not-He has to be the most adorable boy child on the planet-Eleanor is of course the most charming and adorable girl.

judy
    February 10, 2014 at 2:33 pm

P.S. Could you do one of both of them-showing their differing sizes and height and mutual darlingness? Maybe back to back with Eleanor measuring

Sarah
    February 10, 2014 at 3:59 pm

And now my husband is a fan of yours because I showed the star wars birthday pictures. He says you’re raising your kids right <3

Kathleen
    February 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm

So cute! Thanks for sharing :) Have you tried to get him to show he’s three by putting his pointer finger and thumb together (making an O) and holding up his middle, ring, and pinky fingers? I know that’s easier for some little ones.

Making it Lovely
      February 10, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Yep, we tried! Eleanor wanted to show him a whole bunch of ways to do it though, and I think she confused him. He was looking so cute and smiley with his whole hand up anyway. :)

Marcee ... ILLINOIS
    February 10, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Gorgeous beautiful kiddos!! Just love how you photograph them Nicole. So nice. My great nephew will be 3 in July. What a dolly face. He has a new baby sister who is absolutely beautiful. Such a blessing to have healthy, smart and lovely children.

Caitlin
    February 11, 2014 at 4:44 am

Cutie! Show him the American Sign Language sign for three- much easier! Happy Birthday buddy!

Jessica @ SundayLoves.com
    February 11, 2014 at 11:34 am

How is he so big already? Too cute!

As for three, I don’t know why Americans (including me) use the method we do, but if you use the European method which is the thumb and the first two fingers, it’s much easier — especially for little ones. :)

Lynn
    February 11, 2014 at 1:09 pm

You’ll treasure these pictures for so many years to come. They are only little once. I have pictures of my boys in front of the same front door on the first day of school from Kindergarten till college. I love seeing them as they grew.

Susana
    February 11, 2014 at 1:23 pm

NONONONONONO. How can your baby possibly be THREE? Man, I’ve been following you since the apartment….and I really resent that your kids are growing up. (My kids are a few months younger than your kids, so I’m really talking about how my kids are growing up.) Anyway, thanks for the update…he’s adorable.

Evelyn W
    February 13, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I love that you do these. So fun to see them growing up.