We were invited to a performance of The Nutcracker by the Joffrey Ballet here in Chicago, and we were able to go backstage. I took my oldest two and the show was beautiful! Also though? So many questions and comments on my suit. Thanks!
(Those bright stage lights are no joke.)
The suit was from LOFT a few years ago (I linked to the blazer when I dressed like Brad Majors for a RHPS Halloween showing). The scalloped silk shirt, I’ve had (in black and white, and in pink*) for even longer. I’m wearing suede round toe block heel pumps from Madewell; these look identical.
I found similar pieces for everything at about the same price points below.
- Going-Out Blazer in Stretch Twill, J. Crew
- Hazel Glasses, Warby Parker
- Long-Sleeve Top with Piping, Banana Republic
- Cameron Slim Pant in Stretch Twill, J. Crew
- Foldover Velvet Pouch (Cool Lavender), Ann Taylor
- Aziza Block Heel Pump, Franco Saato, Nordstrom
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Annabella
- She Has Spark Stud Earrings, Kate Spade
OK, great. Cute. But do you know what I really want? Give me a suit in mustard yellow velvet. Give me pink floral jacquard. Give me all the colors and feminine details! How perfect would these be dressed up for holiday parties? Or with a cute tee and flats!?
- Velvet Longline Blazer and Velvet Straight-Leg Pants, Boden
- Pink Floral Jacquard Tux Jacket and Pants, River Island**
- Elizabeth Ponte Blazer and Hampshire Ponte Culottes, Boden
- Classic Blazer and Ruffle Pocket Pant, Kate Spade
* I found one secondhand scalloped silk shirt for sale in pink, $6!
** I spotted the pink floral suit on Jennifer Lake and it’s a total match for an outfit I dress my Sim in. Yep. I’m so sad that the pants are sold out in my size.