14 March 12, 2008

Amy Butler Fabric in the Dining Room

Looks pretty good.

Amy Butler Fabrics

Ritzy Stripe (the zigzags) on the chairs, and Primrose (the other fabric) for curtains? It’s lacking some ‘oomph’ though. Maybe that wall color is too dark.

I wish those zigzags came in hot pink. Or pink and aubergine!

Jennifer
    March 12, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I agree about the wall color… I think if it was a little bit brighter, it would really POP the fabrics! Of course, that may be my monitor…

Kylie
    March 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm

Loving the curtain fabric – well, I just love AB fabric! Not so sure on the chair cover fabric though, but it’s hard when I can’t see it all together. Can you do one of your amazing photoshop mockups?

zee
    March 13, 2008 at 3:50 am

I think Ritzy Stripe is the perfect fabric for upholstering chair seats. Right now I’m racking my brains thinking of things I could upholster in it myself!

Kwana
    March 13, 2008 at 8:03 am

I love them. I think you’ve got lots of oomph there. Just bring that pink from the curtains to the table in some way and you’re good. you’ve got great style.

jane
    March 13, 2008 at 8:16 am

Love the fabrics! What about a plummy-brown for the walls? Something like BM Cabernet?

Chelsea
    March 13, 2008 at 8:16 am

Pink piping around the zigzag on the chairs? Love this combo!

Stacy
    March 13, 2008 at 8:37 am

I love the Primrose, and the olive/grey in it works well with your walls. However, the zig zag has too much black and, since (as far as I can tell) there is no black in the Primrose, I dont think they coordinate very well. Either one used alone is great though!

Jen
    March 13, 2008 at 10:33 am

I love it and think the fabrics are wonderful. Maybe make the wall color a little lighter?

erin
    March 13, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Love the combo!!! I know you’re into fabric, just wondering if you’ve checked out tonicliving.com… they’ve got some great patterns too!

Christina
    March 14, 2008 at 1:28 am

I think the wall color perfectly matches the Butler fabric. If you’re unsure about the zig-zag, I’d check out the chocolate lollipop fabric. can’t remember who does it, but they hsve similar colourways, lots of browns w/ pink and greens etc. I’ve got fat quarters in about every colourway, adn they’re gorrrrrgeous. So scrummy.

I am in mad envy over your amazing-ooking blog and truly delectable apartment. My hubby is in IT and doesn’t see the sense in making a house look like that. *wah* Plus I’m too indecisive when it comes to decorating.

Well Done!!! I hopet eh fabric suggestions help. :O)
    Christina

joanna goddard
    March 14, 2008 at 9:06 am

LOVE the primrose. xo

Julia
    March 16, 2008 at 12:04 am

LOVE the fabrics! Have just discovered Amy Butler (not widely available Downunder) and nearly had heart pulpatations when my ebay ordered fabrics arrived!! Fantastic blog! And I love your interior style :)

M&Co
    March 16, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Gorgeous! I love Amy Butler fabrics! I think if you add fresh, strong pink colored flowers you’ll get just the extra ommph you’re looking for ;-)!?

Emily
    April 5, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Ooh I am such a fabric nut- love the fabrics! They are absolutely fabulous!

Emily @ http://www.materialgirlsblog.com