15 September 18, 2008

More Yard Work

In progress.

More Yard Work

Max
    September 18, 2008 at 9:58 am

I like the table and the chair with the nice pad on it, looks like a place to be at the summer :)

katelynjane
    September 18, 2008 at 11:38 am

Wow, all your plants are going to look amazing! Imagine when they start to develope and spread and get more full, your garden will be so lush and beautiful!

Hard work, but it looks like it’s going to be worth it (as hard work usually is!).

-katelyn

Maya
    September 18, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Good to see others digging around their yard too. Mine has been in progress for a while now.

Shashi
    September 18, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Love your blog, loads of inspiration!

Shannon
    September 18, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Your yard is going to look terrific! I can’t wait to see it in a year or two when it fills in!!

Ryan
    September 18, 2008 at 1:35 pm

I like all the buddleia plants. They’re great for zone 5 and can take a beating and still thrive. One of mine survived my last house where I never watered it, moved to the hot side of the new house, was covered with a tarp and trampled when we replaced the roof, cut back to 6″ after and still I have blooms for many cut flower arrangements.

Hopefully I can do something to the back yard next year, I think getting a patio in is the first step ’cause I need a reason to want to be back there.

Making it Lovely
    September 18, 2008 at 2:28 pm

I had to look up “buddleia”. ;) Butterfly bush, yes? I’m glad to hear they’re hardy.

anonymous
    September 18, 2008 at 3:03 pm

re: Buddleia – They bloom off new growth; cut them back after they have gone dormant for the winter. I cut both of mine back to about 2 feet each winter, and they are over my 5’3″ head each summer.

Roxy @ There's No Place Like Home
    September 18, 2008 at 7:29 pm

wow!! Your yard is really going to look gorgeous!! I can’t wait to see it when it’s done!!

Jennie
    September 18, 2008 at 9:45 pm

Hi Nicole, I love your blog! Your yard is coming along beautifully.

Stacy
    September 19, 2008 at 8:02 am

Wow – you are getting a lot done! I bet it feels great! We are in the slow process of putting a deck in. Slow because my husband has to actually have days off and we have to get approval from our HOA. But it will be so nice when we get it in!

Tracey
    September 19, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Now you need rain, so you can work in the yard in your red Wellies! Its fun seeing the actual work in progress-good job!

preppylittledress
    September 19, 2008 at 3:44 pm

i knew from looking at this photo you were in chicago. well, oak park – same difference. cute blog!

amy purple
    September 20, 2008 at 11:17 am

I’m so excited to see the finished product!

We’re almost done with our bath, I’ll be sure to link you to some photos soon. We still have to sand, paint, put up molding and do everything with the shower.

Peonies | Making it Lovely
    June 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm

[…] haven’t done much to the garden since my initial effort in 2008, but it has rewarded my neglect by growing with wild abandon. It’s really not such a bad […]