82 September 22, 2008

The Egg Chair for My Birthday!

YAY! Today is my birthday and do you know what I got? My egg chair! It was a big group gift from Brandon and his family.

My New Egg Chair

It’s big enough to curl up inside with my legs tucked under myself (my favorite way to sit). I’ll have to make sure I don’t plant any bee-attracting plants directly around the chair! I came up with this little plan awhile back and I think I might stick with it.

Here’s the view from inside the chair:

The View From My New Egg Chair

I’m so thrilled! What an amazing gift.

The Yard With My New Egg Chair

Shashi
    September 23, 2008 at 8:36 am

Nice chair! I have backyard envy, yours is huge!

casafroggy
    September 23, 2008 at 8:41 am

The scale of the egg to the house is perfect. It gives your yard a very neat, cozy feel.

Anne (in Reno)
    September 23, 2008 at 9:31 am

Happy birthday! I wouldn’t worry about attracting bees to your nice neutral-colored egg unless you wear a ton of red while you’re in it. Bees aren’t really interested in us, it’s stuff like yellowjackets and wasps that are, and you’re still probably ok as long as you don’t eat in your egg…

liz
    September 23, 2008 at 9:43 am

Day late but happy birthday! I too am wearing those fabulous purple Old Navy flats. Love them! Been enjoying your blog for a while now…thanks!

Erica
    September 23, 2008 at 9:55 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That chair looks amazing! I know you are stoked. The only bad part is that it is not the beginning of warm weather but the end. At least you can take a blanket & curl up out there in your egg chair. Is that cushion weather proof?

Corie
    September 23, 2008 at 10:41 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Nicole! Yay! I’m so happy you got your “dream chair”! What a great gift!

Enjoy!

Little Paper Dog
    September 23, 2008 at 11:23 am

Hooray! What a great place to relax from your busy schedule.

kristen
    September 23, 2008 at 12:52 pm

happy birthday! and congrats on the chair. I love it!
    and i love the shoes..i have them myself..in 3 colors!!!

Birdie
    September 23, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Egg chair is the best gift ever! Besides life I guess :)
    I would chain that thing down though — there are some crazy thieves in the Chicago area. I have gotten the weirdest things stolen from my yard.

Janet
    September 23, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Hi Nicole,

I love the egg chair. Yesterday was my birthday as well. I hope you had a wonderful celebration.

Jennifer
    September 23, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Happy Birthday Nicole!

The egg chair looks fabulous!

Goody
    September 23, 2008 at 9:56 pm

happy belated and it is a wonderful chair!

Amanda
    September 23, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Reason 523 why having a blog is awesome: your family knows what you want for your birthday. Hope you had a good one! (Mine is next week – hooray!)

Gràcia
    September 24, 2008 at 5:13 am

Happy belated birthday!!
    Funny, last Sunday I was at Copenhage airport and I saw an egg chair that reminded me of how you wanted one… now, I come back and I find you got it!

patricia
    September 24, 2008 at 5:30 am

You know what they say….”Roosters crow, but Hens deliver!”
    Looks like a good spot for any ole Hen -making it all lovely!
    A perfect spot for sitting on ideas and hatching them!

Liz
    September 24, 2008 at 10:27 am

Happy Birthday Nicole :) Love the egg chair!

Erin
    September 24, 2008 at 1:02 pm

happy belated birthday! the egg chair looks beautiful in your backyard, and i love love LOVE those purple shoes you have on.

Kiona
    September 24, 2008 at 3:58 pm

happy belated birthday Nicole! Love the way your backyard is coming along! It’s making me jealous. That egg chair really is a great addition. Way to go Brandon & fam!

john
    September 24, 2008 at 8:26 pm

You rule! I love that chair.

Jessisca
    September 24, 2008 at 10:43 pm

once again, you prove to be the luckiest woman on the earth! congrats!

Ashlie
    September 25, 2008 at 10:33 am

Happy Birthday, a few days late of course. Your new chair is beautiful. The whole yard is really nice but that chair makes it look 10x more cute and comfortable.

jaime
    September 26, 2008 at 4:08 pm

happy belated birthday! what a lovely present – how fun! every time I’m at a fancy hotel i think about getting one of those!

Erin
    September 28, 2008 at 6:33 pm

Cool chair, but one question- what do you do when it rains?

Making it Lovely
    September 28, 2008 at 6:40 pm

OH MY! I meant to reply to everyone sooner. Thank you for all the birthday well-wishes and nice comments about the lovely egg chair!

Erin, it’s plastic and the cushions are weather-resistant. No worries in the rain!

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » White Elephant
    April 16, 2009 at 3:29 pm

[…] been looking for a ceramic garden stool to go next to my egg chair as a little side table, but I haven’t had much luck finding an inexpensive one that I liked. […]

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Jolly Green Giants
    July 9, 2009 at 9:46 am

[…] The giant green planters that I had originally bought to flank our front door have found their place on the patio. The first is over by the egg chair. […]

Another Bargain | Stitchify.com
    October 13, 2009 at 9:08 pm

[…] wanted Pottery Barn’s Palmetto Wicker Egg Chair for about a year now, ever since Nicole of Making it Lovely posted about it. It was safely out of my reach at $1300, but now it is $800! (I am unfortunately […]

Pom Pom Peony Support | Making it Lovely
    May 16, 2011 at 9:55 am

[…] have a million peony bushes in the backyard (well, twelve or so), but I think the one nearest the egg chair might qualify for special treatment with this support cage from Terrain. 'O' for Outdoors, […]

Our Eastern Redbud is Dying | Making it Lovely
    June 1, 2011 at 11:25 am

[…] from my other neighbor’s dying redbud? She has one against the fence that used to shade my egg chair. The Backyard, […]

Honor Roll | Making it Lovely
    April 20, 2012 at 1:23 pm

[…] or never joined in the first place?)PerchTastic. I think I need to spend a little more time in my perch.You know I’m a fan of Jenny Lind cribs, but here are a couple of great high/low Jenny Lind […]

Gabriella Webb
    July 14, 2013 at 1:38 am

Hello Nicole I was just wonder where can I find a chair like that. Please let me know I am looking for one just like that.

Making it Lovely
      July 14, 2013 at 10:03 am

Mine was from Pottery Barn, but they no longer sell it.

1 2