62 February 24, 2009

Orla Kiely (and Other New Details) in the Kitchen

The Target near me finally put out some of the Orla Kiely goodies I’ve been wishing for, so I picked up a couple of canisters for the kitchen. The cheery pattern is really cute in there!

Orla Kiely Canisters

I put this “Eat” sign above the fridge quite a while ago, but I hadn’t taken a photo of it until now…

My mother-in-law has the same sign in red in the family’s Wisconsin lake house. I bought mine from Feather Your Nest (though it looks like they have different word signs now).

And how cute are these little measuring spoons? I love the soft clacking sounds they make as I open the cabinet.

Colorful Measuring Spoons

February 26, 2009 at 7:52 am

I loooove the square plate that is holding your garlic!! I need those, and I need that pattern in fabric!!

February 26, 2009 at 10:17 am

Oh, I definitely understand succumbing to the pretty… and I certainly haven’t gotten rid of mine!

February 26, 2009 at 10:25 am

I walked past these in my target, but refrained from taking a second look. Now after seeing these pictures, I need to revisit! Loooove the measuring spoons.

February 26, 2009 at 6:22 pm

i love the cabinet knob and spoons. so cute!

February 27, 2009 at 7:28 am

How have I not discovered your blog before? I love it.

Laura at Emmy Lu
    February 27, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I just found those spoons on Anthropologie the other day and fell in love! I am all about bright fun accents in the kitchen, and mine is filled with all sorts of brightly colored melamine pieces (measuring cups, mixing bowls, bright antique toys)… oh I love it!

March 2, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Hi Nicole,

I just purchased the Orla Kiely canisters this weekend at my local Target. I’m curious…what are you using your canisters for?

Love the new additional details in your kitchen!

March 3, 2009 at 9:22 am

If you fancy some more Orla Kiely prettiness for your kitchen, these little beauties are on sale in supermarkets here again. Chock full of tea, too! (and going for ridiculous sums on ebay…)

Lindsay @ Likely Design
    January 16, 2010 at 1:19 am

Nicole, did you see this?

I saw a post about the owner of the shop and remembered your sign…thought you might want to know.

Ikea Kitchen Cart Makeover | {Fun.kyti.me}
    August 4, 2011 at 6:43 pm

[…] for your lettering here (check the logo), or here (printed napkins), here (printed placemats) and here (wall art) to name a few. If you like the font I used for my idea picture, you can download it […]

A Big Ol’ Clock and Hanging Planters | Making it Lovely
    March 14, 2013 at 11:04 am

[…] plans for the kitchen. I don’t think my old “Eat” sign above the fridge is coming back, and the fern in a punch bowl (yep) that’s on top of the […]

• 1 2