60 February 26, 2009

Jenny Lind Style

We chose a Jenny Lind crib for the nursery. I love the classic design, and Brandon and I each slept in one when we were babies.

Jenny Lind Crib

I chose black, though everyone else seems to pick white. I didn’t want the room to get too pastel and girly, so I figured a few dark brown/black elements would be nice.

Here are a few other Jenny Lind cribs and beds I’ve noticed…

Jenny Lind Cribs
Knock, Knock: Chic Sophistication in Ohio, Finn’s Soothing Sleeper

Jenny Lind Beds
Sunrise Ruffalo’s Home, Marie’s Memphis Apartment

.amanda.
    February 28, 2009 at 3:53 pm

truly a sweet choice! I am loving it. Can;t wait to see the entire room!

Good Luck to You!

xo

Jen
    March 1, 2009 at 7:22 pm

We have the same crib for our boy and LOVE it! Hope you’re enjoying your last few weeks before your little one comes. Ours just turned one and you won’t believe how fast it goes by.

JLC
    March 2, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I had this crib and it was great – through my 2 babies.

gina
    March 3, 2009 at 12:05 pm

That was the crib I used- in the dark wood (for the same reason you chose black). Lovely.

Karen
    March 5, 2009 at 10:54 am

LOVE this room! The colors are so pretty, and the dark crib is a nice contrast. Love the curtains, love the paint color, love it all!

Pencils
    March 7, 2009 at 11:11 pm

There are more sophisticated prints and colors available in baby gear…sometimes. Target and Dwell have just come out with a bouncy seat, high chair and something else I can’t remember. I was in the market for a high chair at the time but I went with a slim fold and other options over the print–besides, I rather like the print of it, I got the Chicco “Polly” high chair in a bright orange print called Candy. And there’s always the Svan bouncers, etc., which are quite sophisticated, albeit pricey. To be honest I don’t mind the bright primary or even pastel colors of baby gear, and I don’t have any need to have my baby gear match my decor. My daughter’s only going to be a baby for a short time and we’re not planning on having more, so her baby gear is like a memento mori of her babyhood in our living room.

Susan
    March 11, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I too have been deliberating over ordering a Land of Nod crib. Did you feel the quality was good? I was considering their Straight Up crib, but since I don’t live in Chicago, we have no local stores where I can go to check them out. Any feedback on your Land of Nod experience? Worth the money?

I love your blog – thank you for sharing it with all of us.

mcbriz
    March 16, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Love the spool beds – I picked one up at a thrift shop for $35 and painted it b/c my son said he wanted an orange bed. I had Benjamin Moore tone down the orange with a little white, and with the animal quilt and teal bedskirt it looks great! They’re such versatile beds b/c they can be calm and old-fashioned, or really pop with some color. Love your blog, BTW~ NB

Rehan Ahmed
    May 25, 2009 at 1:42 am

You make Them beautiful , I’m Sure little Girl gonna love this

Just to Complicate Things Further | Making it Lovely
    December 16, 2010 at 8:42 am

[…] funny… I first blogged about Jenny Lind style beds a year and a half ago, after choosing Eleanor’s crib. And now without me bringing it up […]

• 1 2