20 March 31, 2009

Black and White Mobiles

They may not look like much here, but these mobiles are actually really cool in person.

SOLIG Mobiles

I bought one of each since they were only $10. I might combine them into one giant mobile… Or take them apart and make a small one for the nursery… Or I can hang one in the stairwell… Or on the front porch…

rif
    March 31, 2009 at 3:07 am

what a lovely blog… i like ur theme very much… is it a free one? may get for my blog… thanx in advance

Fleur
    March 31, 2009 at 5:45 am

i just discovered your blog and I absolutely love it. It’s so inspiring, can’t wait to read more. :)

Katie
    March 31, 2009 at 8:06 am

I have a friend who has those and combined them into one mobile. It is awesome looking. :) And rather inexpensive.

Amber
    March 31, 2009 at 8:15 am

This is one of my favorites! My little Ella would love having those in her room! They work for every age…genious!

BTW, totally obsessed with your blog. Lovely is just the right word.

Amanda
    March 31, 2009 at 9:29 am

Those are great. I really like how you are doing no licensed characters. Your little girl will hopefully inherit your impeccable taste!

Lindsay
    March 31, 2009 at 9:53 am

Love them, need them, at $10 I can actually HAVE them!

Thanks!

Kristin B
    March 31, 2009 at 10:33 am

LOVE them! Looking for things to hang from 2 hooks outside my front door as an alternative to the standard hanging plants. Wanted something modern and a little unique. These might just do the trick. (As a side note, my black thumb can’t keep plants alive…which brings me to a question: any suggestions from anyone about types of outdoor plants that can get a lot of heat, light and are extremely hard to kill??)

Katie @ Making This Home
    March 31, 2009 at 10:58 am

That white one is really cool. The best thing is IKEA – so we can get them in Germany, too. I’m wondering if it would match…
    I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with them.
    Katie

luuvely
    March 31, 2009 at 11:13 am

im with amanda..i love the fact that there arent “characters” in the room just yet…not to say there will never be..because lets just be honest…kids really dictate life! lol …but i love you dont have it yet :) cute….

Natalie
    March 31, 2009 at 11:37 am

Very neat! I love multi-purpose items like this :) After baby is done with them, they would definitely look great out on your porch :)

Deborah
    March 31, 2009 at 2:30 pm

For your crib, you should totally get a musical, battery-powered rotating mobile. My Tiny Love mobile has fascinated my baby from day one, keeps him entertained when I’m trying to find time to do something (like get dressed!), and soothes him to sleep for naps and at bed time. It plays three classical selections. Take it from the mom of an almost 4-month old, it’s a must.

Allison Dempkey
    March 31, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Love the mobiles, but I have to second Deborah. As the mom to a 1 year old and 2 year old I would go with a mobile with color and movement/music for the baby. It would keep them intested for a longer amount of time. My design sense kept me away from any licensed characters but now I have a two year old who wants to wear nothing but Elmo! The joy he gets from that furry red monster is something I can’t bring myself to take away!!! I guess good design sometimes has to take a backseat to babies.

ana
    March 31, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Or not!
    very young babies can not see collor. They start by seeing black and white
    then red/black/ blue/yellow…

waldorf toys and german toys are the best

stay away from plastic!

Alexis
    March 31, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Adorable mobiles!! But the primary colored, musical, battery operated ones are the best!! We have the fisher price rainforest mobile and it looks horrible in my daughters nursery but it is an absolute must! Especially for the middle of the night when she wakes. It helps her fall back asleep and she loves watching the “peek-a-boo” leaves. I think it was probably one of the best purchases I ever made.

We just take it off her crib whenever we have guests… :)

Also, babies develop the ability to distinguish primary colors a lot earlier than what was previously found.

Modern Crush
    April 2, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Love them!!! Absolutely love them!

casafroggy
    April 15, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I picked up a black one last night and was surprised at how HEAVY they are. Metal! At $10, they’re a great buy!

mollie
    April 30, 2009 at 7:34 am

i have this in my daughter’s nursery- i painted the rings yellow to match her color scheme.

i have never had a musical or battery powered mobile in my older daughter’s crib (2 years old) and she is happy as a clam in her bed. :) i prefer that she spends quiet imaginitive time in there and she has done beautifully!

here’s a pic of mine:

natasha
    June 14, 2009 at 2:41 am

No need at all to have any trashy plasticy musical mobile sin your babies room at all. I have 2 kids and neither had a trashy musical mobile, they are not necessary and are actually worse as then baby gets used to sleeping when they have the mobile on and when u take it away when they can sit up they cant sleep, so stick with style and get your baby a start in life with a beautiful stylish but interesting mobile just as you have chosen, well done looks lovely..
    hope u have enough storage for all your baby stuff, thats our main problem in the nursery…

Annie
    January 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I LOVE this mobile and would like to get a white one for my baby’s nursery. Do you know if they are still available at IKEA?

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Eleanor’s Nursery
    August 18, 2010 at 1:13 pm

[…] bought the mobile that’s hanging above the cribthe mobile that’s hanging above the crib a few months ago with the intention of altering it slightly because it was far too big. It’s now much better […]