79 June 1, 2009

Back in Second Place

We’ve lost our lead in the 48-Hour Challenge again — drat! We’re currently down by 358 votes and slipping a little more each day.

The 48-Hour Challenge

You all came through for me last time when we were down and I’m hoping you can do it again… Please vote for Making it Lovely everyday until June 12. (Thank you!)

Andi
    June 2, 2009 at 2:15 am

I voted for you again. I love the floor with the leaves, wish I was brave enough to do something like that to my house. Good luck, I’ll keep voting for you.

Jo in NZ
    June 2, 2009 at 4:56 am

Team Nicole! Let’s set reminders on our cellphones for every day until entries close – we can do it!

Linh
    June 2, 2009 at 6:15 am

Good luck! I hope you win!

Heidi
    June 2, 2009 at 6:46 am

You’re catching up! I voted today and please put up a daily reminder! I really don’t think it’s tacky. In fact, I don’t think it would be possible for you to do anything tacky. Everything you do always just seems so sincere and full of style and creativity!

The TYH porch looks nice, but there is absolutely nothing special about it. In fact, I’ve been wondering what exactly they and the others spent the $500 on! But your porch looks AMAZING. When I look at your work, it really captures the spirit of a $500 challenge–it’s beautiful, creative, and looks waaaaaaay beyond $500!

Agnes
    June 2, 2009 at 7:45 am

No!!! We can’t let that happen!! I voted again! Here is hoping you win!

Laurie
    June 2, 2009 at 7:53 am

I voted! And I keep trying to share that on Facebook and it never lets me!!! Anyone else have that problem? Thanks for the reminder today!

Aunt J
    June 2, 2009 at 7:54 am

Put a post-it on your computer screen to vote everyday, then you’ll never forget…..Nicole must win and get that new window for her baby’s room. Who wants to sleep with hornets anyway?? Do it for her newborn baby……

Sherry
    June 2, 2009 at 9:41 am

I’ve been voting everyday, hoping you stay in #1 good luck :)

Joy
    June 2, 2009 at 9:48 am

I voted too, definitely post reminders every day!

Holly
    June 2, 2009 at 10:42 am

Just voted again.. it’s on my daily to do list from now on! Eleanor will thank us all one day!

Suzanne
    June 2, 2009 at 12:24 pm

I found your blog via Laurie at Livin’ La Vida LuLu (http://damarkz.blogspot.com). I voted…and added the blog to my reader so I don’t forget to vote again. Bonus points to you for doing the makeover while pregnant…Good luck!

Tamisha
    June 2, 2009 at 12:38 pm

I’m voting every day and on every computer! I’m trying to get you as much as I can!! Painting the floor when that pregnant is skill that puts all the other contestants to shame! And yes, I appreciate the lack of cheesy vote-mongering!

Yvonne
    June 2, 2009 at 12:48 pm

it was my first time voting and i voted for you bc i think you deserve it more then anyone since you worked on it while pregnant. Plus it looks fabulous!

Rose
    June 2, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Some of these comment are a real turn off. Like Melissa, I don’t know why people are being so critical of TYH, either. I see a lot of people here telling you to post a reminder once a day and then others who are saying it’s tacky to post a reminder everyday – or even calling others who may choose to go this route desperate and beggars. I don’t understand those who give support while tacking on something negative about the competitors, I for one think it’s just a lousy tone to set – one that is completely unnecessary. I really hope that John or Sherry don’t drop by and see some of these comments.

I’m one reader who enjoys both TYH and Making it Lovely equally – I look forward to posts by both and usually pop in at least once a day to see if there is anything new on both blogs.

Smile!
    June 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm

None of the others is as appealing to me as yours. Bottom line. While the other contestants are congenial, talented and peppy, some of their supporters’ blogs have been a bit…well…weird and borderline mean. But I’m all for your success, which is even more amazing considering you are juggling home AND a newborn.
    It’s not inappropriate or begging to add a standing note at the bottom of each post, no matter the subject, reminding your readers to vote. It’s fun and we are happy to do it. Besides, you guys already hit the jackpot with Eleanor!

Samae
    June 2, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I definitely need the reminder. I read your blog all the time so its the least I could do. Plus, if you win we will get to see what you do with your cash windfall!

Good luck!

amy purple
    June 2, 2009 at 2:52 pm

i remembered to vote again today.

justme
    June 2, 2009 at 5:47 pm

It’s the nicest for sure. I voted for you and promise to place a vote everyday:). Nice job and good luck!

jennie
    June 2, 2009 at 7:35 pm

I’ve been a little out of touch with blogging… first of all congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby girl. And I also just placed my vote – your porch is beautiful and I hope you win. I’ll keep voting everyday, good luck!

Jo in NZ
    June 3, 2009 at 1:50 am

Just voted again. Keep at it, all!

Courtenay
    June 3, 2009 at 7:36 am

I read both your blog and TYH. I think they are very talented, but I have to say that I think you did a better job on the porch and that’s why I vote for you everyday. They post daily reminders and their readers adhere…you should just throw in a little reminder asking if people voted today. Some people don’t have the page bookmarked like me;-)
    Good luck!

Sarah
    June 3, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Congrats on your new porch and baby Nicole.
    I am a fan of your blog and have been voting for you every day.

I agree with some of the other comments made, some of the those in the blog world have been a little mean.

Nicole has been nothing but lovely. :)

Good luck!

amy purple
    June 3, 2009 at 5:47 pm

my brain is so with it since school ended. This is my third day in a row remembering to vote!

Dan
    June 3, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Yeah! You’re getting closer to 1st! Down by 79 votes. Good luck!

Anne
    June 4, 2009 at 1:56 am

I like yours best so you have my votes. I only found out yesterday, but I’ll be voting every day now :)

Fiona
    June 4, 2009 at 7:09 am

Please post a reminder every day, and we’ll vote. Yours is the best. I am a little suspicious about the results.

Lisa
    June 4, 2009 at 10:19 am

I think it’s beautiful, but I don’t quite get separating the eating area. It makes the table area seem a bit closed in. Functionally on my porch I like to open the area up becuase we all end up out there at the same time. I think the divider, which is killer, would be great to screen the neighbor’s window at the end of your porch. Just my two cents for FREE. Lucky you! ;) No doubt you have taste and creativity in abundance. Good Luck in the contest, which given any justice in the world, you should win. Cheers.

Anna A.
    June 4, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Just checked and you’re only 130 votes behind! Get voting, people! :)

gabbi
    June 6, 2009 at 2:35 pm

I posted this blog entry on my facebook. I hope you get more votes!

• 1 2