15 September 29, 2009

Jonathan Adler, I Could Kiss You

Thank you my dear Mr. Adler for making your lacquer collection in pink! Did you realize how happy you’d make me? Because I’m sort of thrilled.

Jonathan Adler Lacquered Loo

I have some of these pieces in blue (which is not my favorite color), but I had a gift certificate to use… which everyone knows is free money. And because our bathtub and toilet were blue I was trying to make them work. But pink? My favorite color? We have another bathroom that we haven’t done anything to, other than adding a shower curtain, and I think pink might be just the thing in there. Hot pink.

Michele
    September 29, 2009 at 9:26 am

These are fabulous! I just received Mr. Adlers Barbie and it is beyond adorable!

Kim @ Yellow Brick Home
    September 29, 2009 at 9:36 am

This is gorgeous! What a fun, pretty pop of color.

Katie
    September 29, 2009 at 9:52 am

I just looked through your photo set of your bathroom on flickr (the bathroom with the blue potty) and I about died! But not because of the awesome transformation (although it was pretty awesome..) but because our house… had the EXACT same blue toilet, blue tub and it also had that exact same towel bar and tp holder!! I thought no one else in the world would ever possibly have the same ugly ugly towel bars I had (our bathroom was blessed with two towel bars, the tp holder and two of the matching towel rings). Small world.. I do like how you redid the bathroom to incorporate the blue. We opted to rip ours out.

Ink Obsession Designs
    September 29, 2009 at 10:57 am

I love the color! You can never go wrong with hot pink!

Your mother
    September 29, 2009 at 11:28 am

Do you remember the color of Grandma Rose
    and Grandpa Frank’s bathroom? I swear this
    is it! Grandma wanted pink so uncle Ray picked
    this bright semi-gloss! Grandma always wanted
    to repaint and tone it down but never did it. Maybe
    she’s where you get your love of pink :)

Making it Lovely
      September 29, 2009 at 11:34 am

Yes, I remember it! So funny… I was thinking of it while I was writing this post. :)

Kimberly
    September 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Restoration Hardware used to have a similar collection in various colors, including a lovely lavender. I based my entire bathroom decor on that shade, towels, etc. Then they up and discontinued only their lavender line :( JAdler has some nice colors, but no lavender.

lynn-anne
    September 29, 2009 at 1:18 pm

i love pink, too, although with a husband, three boys, and one 11 year old girl who’s a real tomboy, i don’t get to indulge much. i have these pieces in orange . . . cute, but not as cute .. . sigh . . .lynn-anne

Agnes
    September 29, 2009 at 1:28 pm

You always point me in the right direction design wise!! I just finished blogging about the bathroom remodel that we did and guess what? We have a cupcake in there, just as you recommended! Thanks!!!

southern hostess
    September 29, 2009 at 4:24 pm

So fun! I love the color.

Aspirations of a Southern Housewife
    September 29, 2009 at 10:04 pm

these are totally fun. And yes, the pink- totally does it for me.

erin
    September 29, 2009 at 11:43 pm

i love this high gloss pink! too bad my hubby isn’t as understanding as yours when it comes to girly colors in the house :(

perhaps i can use some of these to hold office supplies- pens, paperclips, etc in my soon to be office/sewing room!

erin
    September 30, 2009 at 7:52 am

OH! You’re my new favorite blogger fyi

The Hipster Home » Blog Archive » I wwwant that!
    September 30, 2009 at 12:14 pm

[…] I met Jonathan Adler! Hat tip to Making it Lovely since she posted that homeboy started making his lacquer bathroom set in hot pink for Barbie. Or […]

Cait
    October 1, 2009 at 9:30 am

Let me know if you’re interested in selling your blue pieces!