These Are THE Curtains

The Library

They look better than my mockup (as I had a feeling they would). I haven’t been this pleased with a purchase in a long time! It took two and a half years, but I finally have curtains for the library that I love.

The Library

The Library

This project made possible by you!

128 Responses to “These Are THE Curtains”

1. Kristin October 27, 2009 at 10:05 am #

Love the curtains! I’m obsessed with that print!

2. holly October 27, 2009 at 3:13 pm #

kitties! yours are super cute.

3. The Pocket Stylist October 28, 2009 at 10:42 am #

LOVE these curtains!!

4. Ann October 28, 2009 at 10:54 am #

Awww, baby Brandon is so cute— I teared up it reminded me so of my daughter when she was that age– loved her excersaucer too– time flies she’s now 13!!!! And yes she is definitely saying “mah-ma” :) OH, and yes I love those curtains too– like your style a lot.

5. kelly October 28, 2009 at 3:20 pm #

I am on the hunt for curtains for our new house (http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com/2009/10/congratulations.html). These turned out lovely.

p.s. I was born in Oak Park! Great neighborhood!

Kelly

6. kelly October 28, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

oops! here is the proper link! are you happy with the quality of the anthropologie ones? i have a girlfriend who loves their linens.

7. Teresa October 28, 2009 at 4:15 pm #

Absolute perfection. And what a library!

8. Chelsea October 29, 2009 at 12:11 pm #

I agree, they do look even better than the mock up…and I thought that looked good! And I LOVE your library, makes me want to get one!!

9. amanda October 30, 2009 at 12:52 pm #

I am utterly obsessed with your blog! So many inspiring and beautiful things (your little girl, especially!). I found your blog while searching for handmade curtain inspiration… I’m making some today!

I totally have home envy… your bungalow is so amazing!

Anyways, hope all is well! Im sure Ill be back often.

10. Paige November 3, 2009 at 8:24 pm #

Beautiful and perfect for the room! Don’t you just love Anthro?

11. Kim November 4, 2009 at 8:53 am #

Beautiful curtains – they really make the room!! Stunning!

I am considering them for my bedroom and was wondering how much light comes through? Are they opaque?

12. Liene Stevens November 5, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

I love love these curtains! Beautiful!

13. Dorie November 11, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

Lovely room. Lovely curtains, are they bought or made? Can I ask where the black lamp is from? I have been looking for something just like that, but I cannot find it anywhere. Everything I found is too tall.

14. Christine - Handmade Evolution November 13, 2009 at 10:20 pm #

I love this room! It looks like the perfect space to read or get a little work done. I do love your curtains, but I especially like the glass bookshelves. It makes the books look so polished….

15. Julie August 30, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

Your cat looks a lot like mine. They could be twins if it wasn’t for nose, my cat’s is all black. You can see a pic of him on the about page on my blog:

Also love the curtains. :)

16. LPK Creations February 24, 2012 at 11:32 am #

The gold and black match really well. I love it!

17. Debbie Givens August 15, 2012 at 5:38 pm #

Hi! I love your curtains also. I would really like to know where to get your book shelves or some similar. Thanks!!!

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Honor Roll - April 16, 2010

[...] bookshop, and we have such a love for books! One of these prints would be perfectly at home in our library. (above, via [...]

2. Planning August’s Monthly Photos | Making it Lovely - February 23, 2011

[...] start photographing him monthly too, but I’m considering a change of location. I think that the library would make a good backdrop, [...]

3. So Many Billy’s. « emilysnuffer - March 21, 2011

[...] bookcases to wrap around the wall, which originally came from Nicole Balch at Making It Lovely. She did it fantastically. After my mom (she was recruited for the project) and I sketched out a plan for number of pieces [...]

4. So many Billy’s. | go haus go - May 17, 2011