74 November 1, 2009

Katamari Damacy Baby Costume

Katamari Baby!

She’s the Prince. And that costume too waaaaaay too long to make!

Katamari Baby!

Katamari PrinceI think she looks pretty cute, even if you aren’t familiar with the Katamari games. Of course, if you’re confused you can visit the official Katamari website (fair warning: there is music), or consult the all-knowing Wikipedia. And then there’s always YouTube (na na na na na na na na na, Katamari Damacy).

Happy Halloween!

Sudhani
    November 3, 2009 at 1:03 pm

pretty cute! the baby seems to enjoy it a lot!!

-Sudhani

mary
    November 3, 2009 at 3:15 pm

OhmyGod. She is totally adorable!

Nuit
    November 3, 2009 at 3:26 pm

OMG, this is precious, Eleanor is so photogenic too!

Kat
    November 3, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Wow!!! that is AMAZING – did you make that by hand? where’d you get the pattern??

she is adorable, I love the cheeks!

I have a totally unrelated question – I have a few friends/family members that are having baby girls soon and I cannot think of a good gift for them, any suggestions?? We can’t afford anything expensive, but I’d love something unique and you have great taste.

Halloween+Babies+Japanese Video Games
    November 3, 2009 at 9:13 pm

[…] Katamari Baby Costume curtasy of makingitlovely.com This entry was posted in Style and tagged baby, Halloween, japan, Katamari, video games. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL. « Star Trek Uniform Onesies […]

jennis
    November 3, 2009 at 9:40 pm

just a fyi…Your cute baby (and costume) made it on the Daily What site.

Breakfast briefing: MySpace tightens up on scammers @ Technology News
    November 4, 2009 at 2:15 am

[…] people made. This big-head wireframe by Eric Testroete has had a lot of admirers, while this this baby Katamari costume is great. More in the comments, […]

Breakfast briefing: MySpace tightens up on scammers @ Technology News
    November 4, 2009 at 2:15 am

Emmie
    November 4, 2009 at 10:45 am

Adorable! Props to you for making it, and for not defaulting to a pumpkin costume.

Helena
    November 4, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I think you just let your freak flag fly. Excellent!

Dayna Beck
    November 5, 2009 at 4:07 am

This pretty much made my day.

Elisabet
    November 5, 2009 at 6:02 am

I think this is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! :) This costume is one of the best I’ve ever seen. You rock.

hena tayeb
    November 5, 2009 at 2:21 pm

OMG! that is the cutest costume/baby ever!

Awesome Blossom. « Red Sonika.
    November 6, 2009 at 6:59 am

[…] Katamari Baby Costume: ZOMG.Babies. Katamari. Two great tastes that taste great together. […]

Down Comforter
    November 8, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. Sooo funny!!!

Paula
    November 14, 2009 at 5:18 pm

dear lord how adorable.

Manda
    November 16, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Absolutely adorable!! Great job!!

felicia
    November 28, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I have no idea what this is but baby Eleanor looks adorable. Then I came across this cross stitch pattern while looking for something to make for my brother in law and I had to share it with you http://www.spritestitch.com/?p=966

Maren
    September 28, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Hi there! I have it in my head that my 9 month old son will be the prince of the universe for his first halloween this year, so I have been searching online. This costume is very similar to how I envisioned what I would make. Can I ask a couple of questions about the construction of your design?

What is the hat stuffed with? How did you get it to maintain it’s shape so well? I assume there’s some kind of layer against her head that keeps the stuffing in…how did you go about that?

If this is all too complicated and obnoxious to explain, I understand, but it would help- thanks!

Nakiya
    October 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm

awwww did you see your little one was featured here? :(

» Getting Ready for Halloween Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so.
    October 28, 2010 at 12:31 pm

[…] Halloween costume together. I’m making it a little easier on myself this year compared to last — just pig ears and a sailor collar. I may be running out of time, but at least our front porch […]

Self-Induced Crafty Mama Pressure | Making it Lovely
    February 15, 2012 at 11:27 am

[…] at sewing. It can be done though (I keep telling myself)! After all, I did a good job on E’s Katamari costume before, and that was all from scratch. I should have suggested something easier, like last […]

Happy Halloween from the Owl and the Hedgehog | Making it Lovely
    November 1, 2012 at 2:18 am

[…] and gross.This was the first year that I didn’t make the kids’ costumes. Eleanor was a Katamari Damacy Prince the first year, Olivia the pig for her second Halloween, and last year Eleanor and August were the […]

5 Great Onesies for Baby Cosplay | Nerdy With Children
    September 18, 2013 at 10:53 am

[…] Header image: Katamari Damacy costume by Nicole Balch of Making it Lovely […]

• 1 2