Moroccan Oil

I am not loyal to a shampoo. I don’t care whether my conditioner costs $4 or $40. But this? It’s my hair’s secret weapon.

Moroccan Oil

I have flat, straight hair that needs to be washed every day to look clean. Susan at Sparrow recommended it, and while I wasn’t too sure (oil?), I tried it. It’s amazing. I know I don’t talk about beauty products on the blog, but I must extol the virtues of Moroccan Oil. It has left my hair looking so healthy, and not greasy at all. Have any of you tried it? I bet it would be fantastic for curly hair.

89 Responses to “Moroccan Oil”

1. My First Kitchen February 19, 2010 at 7:54 am #

After my son was born three months ago, we cut corners on various budget items. A casuality of buying diapers? My hair products. Now I need to figure out a way to pay less on my electric bill so I can get some of this stuff!! Especially in this dry winter, the flyaways are brutal.

2. Laura Ingalls Gunn February 19, 2010 at 9:03 am #

I am in the “I wash my hair everyday.” club too so I am intrigued.

Do you use this instead of conditioner?

3. Kate February 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

My hair dresser uses it on my hair whenever I go in for a trim. I love it! I need to buy it so I can use it at home. I, too, must wash my hair daily to have it look clean and it gets very dry (especially during winter!).

4. kickpleat February 19, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

Now I’m so curious. My friend was using it but she has super thick hair so I didn’t think I could relate since my hair is super fine and I have to wash it daily because it gets so oily. Curious if this would work on my hair. I’d love to not wash every single day. And bonus points for good smells!

5. Elizabeth February 19, 2010 at 9:00 pm #

I went to TJ Maxx today and found it there!!!! Can you believe it?? I got it for $29.99. Hoping it will work for me as it has for you.

6. Missy February 19, 2010 at 11:56 pm #

I love these posts!

Does it give you more volume? I have fine hair that I have to wash everyday too…

7. Angela February 20, 2010 at 4:46 am #

I adore this stuff and it has done wonders for my scalp in just a few uses. My hairdresser carries a small bottle that is only $14 but with the amount you use, it will still last a VERY long time. The scent is heavenly!!

8. Michelle February 20, 2010 at 5:30 pm #

I love the Moroccan Oil, with fine-wash-every-day hair it helps tame the fly-aways and gives a nice light shine to your hair. It smells so good I use it on my daughter too!

9. Jean February 20, 2010 at 8:52 pm #

Holy cow, this stuff sounds incredible! I have curly hair that tends toward frizzy and am always looking for something to tame my tresses a bit. But, at $40 a bottle, the cost is definitely something to consider. Does one bottle last a long time?

10. JODY February 21, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

OMG My friend has told me about this stuff and is holding a bottle for me as we speak- Im in the thick curly frizzy hair club and I have tried EVERYTHING!! I can not wait to try this now!! Thanks!!

11. Ben D. February 22, 2010 at 4:05 am #

Yeah, I love this stuff too. :)

12. Brooke February 23, 2010 at 2:20 am #

This is amazing! Except it costs $50 in australia. But its worth every cent. My stylist mixes this with conditioner and puts in on the ends of my hair when she does my foils. Lush hair for days. I mix it my leave in hair mask for extra treatment.

13. Caitlin February 23, 2010 at 12:45 pm #

I’ve never used Moroccan oil, but I used to use coconut oil in my hair all the time. If you can stand the strong smell of coconut while you use it, just slap a bunch in your hair a while before you shampoo, and it leaves your hair soft and smooth and shiny. ^_^

14. Zoetry February 23, 2010 at 1:15 pm #

This is a great product.

15. Hopeless Chest February 23, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Moroccan Oil. The smell is absolutely amazing. I use their shampoo and conditioner as well.

16. my little apartment February 24, 2010 at 6:29 pm #

I use Neil George’s Indian Gooseberry Oil on my super-curly hair and I LOVE it. I think it’s similar to Moroccan oil, so I’m glad to know you love it!

also, I haven’t gotten my hair cut at all since I moved from LA to Chicago, but I’ve heard great things about Sparrow! it’s super close to my apartment and knowing it gets your thumbs up is encouraging…

17. Lindsay March 1, 2010 at 7:12 am #

I absolutely LOVE this product. I just started using it about three weeks ago after my hair stylist recommended it. It definitely makes my straight, flat hair shine!

18. Asa March 3, 2010 at 10:50 am #

Okay, I know it is an old post. But I just have to say, have you ever tried argan products (a.k.a moroccan oil) for the face? They are really the best! I started using an argan face cream after a visiting a spa where I got a treatment with argan oil. My skin got so smooth and glowing after using the cream. Then I stopped using the cream for awhile. And my skin lost that silk feeling and glow. Now I bought a day cream, night cream and a skin booster all with argan oil. I love love love these products! Haven’t tried it on my hair yet, even if it’s said on the skin booster that you can. Will do know though!

19. Kelly March 4, 2010 at 10:23 am #

I tried a Moroccan Oil treatment for the first time in September and it is phenomenal! My hair is very curly and I color it so it gets dry – because of this treatment it has never felt so soft or been so shiny! It makes styling easier too! I love it!!!

20. Elizabeth March 4, 2010 at 11:24 am #

I too love Moroccan Oil. The shampoo smells just as delicious! It’s a great gift to give!

21. Dreams March 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm #

I also love the shampoo.

22. Lauren March 16, 2010 at 12:41 pm #

I’ve also heard great things about this and just ordered some! As a tip – I bought it through FragranceUp.com. Its less expensive there than in the salon ($33 vs $44). I’m very excited to try it!

23. Ashlee March 21, 2010 at 1:03 am #

Just stumbled across your blog, it’s gorgeous! Your daughter is just a teeny bit older then mine (Lorelei is 10 months now 5/19/09). I just love all the pink!

My hair is flat, thin, and needs to be washed every day. I am SO going to try this! Thanks

24. Patty April 13, 2010 at 8:12 am #

Sounds interesting, but at $33-35 a bottle, that is half my hair cut budget.

25. jamieofalltrades April 13, 2010 at 2:23 pm #

MIL- We are hair twins. I have the greasiest hair. I probably should wash it twice a day. I tried washing it every other day as my New Years resolution one year. It lasted until April and finally I had to give up and go back to my daily wash. I’ve heard about this stuff before but was nervous to try it. I think I will now based off your recommendation. Thanks, girl!

26. Lindsey April 13, 2010 at 4:23 pm #

What I am wondering is where oh where did you get those darling suitcases in the background?

27. Robin April 14, 2010 at 6:41 am #

You can get the exact same product from Sally Beauty Supply in a 3.4 oz bottle for $8.99. It’s the exact same ingredients as the $40 and up bottle, just not the Moroccan Oil name. Sally’s markets it as Argan oil. I use this product everyday and bought my bottle back in December. I have 1/2 the bottle left. A little dab will do ya. It’s amazing and smells awesome.

28. vernonlee April 14, 2010 at 7:51 pm #

Yes! When you first mentioned this on your blog, I read some reviews around the interwebs and got my first bottle a couple of weeks ago. I have very curly hair and it really works for me – improves drying time and texture (and smell!) whether I’m wearing my hair curly or straight.

29. Carol Feaster March 30, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

Love your blog Nicole. After I shampoo my hair, I put a little on just before I set my hair with rollers. It gives my hair a shine. I also use it sometimes during the week especially after I use my flat iron and it gives my hair a boost.