Red Hair

I did it! One item from my 30 Before Thirty list down, 29 to go.

Red Hair!

I had my hair dyed at a salon, but it was not without difficulty. My appointment consisted of hair dying, drying, washing, bleaching, washing, dying, drying, and finally done.

It’s a fun color though!

219 Responses to “Red Hair”

1. the southern hostess March 9, 2010 at 7:35 pm #

I just love the color!

2. Budget Wise Home March 9, 2010 at 9:41 pm #

You’ve inspired me! I’ve always wanted to do this and always chicken out by just adding red highlights. I have to take the plunge. By the way, you look fantastic!!

3. Fiona March 10, 2010 at 3:59 pm #

Nicole, please tell me that you will at some time let us know where that great necklace came from. I have looked at the responses to this post over and over hoping that the answer has been revealed. I’m a bit of a nut when I see something that I feel is so simply perfect. If you tell me someone bought it for you at a street vendor in Turkey, I might cry.

4. Making it Lovely March 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm #

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to the comments. Thanks for all of your kind words, everybody!

The necklace was a recent purchase from The Limited.

5. Fiona March 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm #

Well, if that just isn’t the best response ever! Inexpensive and accessible! Thanks, Nicole.

6. HollyP March 10, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

You look fabulous and bold and sassy, all wrapped in one. You make me want to go back to being 29.

7. Kat March 11, 2010 at 7:53 am #

Run Lola, Run!

8. Karyn March 12, 2010 at 1:13 am #

It looks amazing!

9. Leah March 12, 2010 at 5:19 pm #

I love your hair! It’s gorgeous :D

10. Jackie March 16, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

i know this is belated, but you are rocking that hair color lady!

11. Samantha March 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

I read your blog all the time. Never left a comment though! I just read through your 30 by thirty list and we have a lot in common.

I absolutely love the modern wing, and live right in the loop! I’m also a photographer that’s willing to teach you how to shoot in manual mode, haha :)

Hair looks great, btw! Makes me miss my short hair.

12. Adriane April 8, 2010 at 10:19 pm #

Hey there,

Long time reader, first time commenter!! Red hair really suits you. I have fair skin and red hair aswell so I just thought I’d tell you that if your considering staying red for a while you should try using henna to get that gorge red color instead of chemical dyes. I recently discovered hennafor hair.com I’m not offiliated with them or anything, but theres lots of info on that site. Just thought I’d throw that out there for ya!

Adriane

13. Andrea May 8, 2010 at 12:57 pm #

I love it….because you have my exact color and cut…!

14. Amber June 27, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

Love the hair color!

15. Laura Ryan August 4, 2010 at 9:46 am #

Looks amazing.. I love being a redhead so will u !!

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Style: March ‘10 - March 12, 2010

[...] The necklace is the same one everyone went nuts over when I posted the picture of me with my new red hair, and it’s only $29! I’d add a yellow bag to finish off the outfit, along with a stack [...]

2. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » 30 Before Thirty - July 3, 2010

[...] Dye my hair red. (Done!) [...]

3. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Revisiting the 30 Before Thirty List - September 23, 2010

[...] 2. Dye my hair red. (Done!) [...]

4. Our Organized Bathroom Storage Area | Making it Lovely - May 23, 2013

[...] and conditioner I used, and that I just went with the cheap stuff. That was before I fried my hair, trying to bleach it and go red. When I went for a hair cut the next time after dying it, my stylist used Kevin Murphy and my hair [...]