67 September 7, 2010

…and Continuing with the Trim

This is what I woke up to this morning.

Painting the Trim

Now I’m off to continue painting. How did you spend your weekend?

amyks
    September 8, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Oh, I like it already, even though it is just a coat of primer, it looks so much fresher.

juliet
    September 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm

SO much better white!!! Better and brighter!

Clearly Composed
    September 8, 2010 at 4:44 pm

The labor of love is well worth it. It looks fresher already. :)

OwningSingle
    September 8, 2010 at 5:27 pm

I bet it’s gonna look great and I’m gawking at all of your white accessories. I have a thing for them now. Painting is a perfect Labor Day project.

Condo Blues
    September 8, 2010 at 6:26 pm

I spent my weekend putting my kitchen back together after painting it. I feel your currant pain :)

Natalie
    September 8, 2010 at 10:30 pm

It looks so bright and cheery already!

I spent the weekend shopping at IKEA for the millionth time. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of that place :)

Nicoletta
    September 9, 2010 at 1:20 am

oh boy that’s a lot of trim! I recall painting trim at 7 or 8 months pregnant, I don’t recommend it! lol

I spent my weekend having a fantastic 1st birthday party for our son!

Laurie Jones
    September 9, 2010 at 10:00 am

I’m blown away at the amount of comments you got for painting your trim, it’s like the debate stay at home mom or go to work mom right!! I’ve lived in old homes most of my life and have always painted the trim white and for the same reason you did, the idea of wood is great but the homes most of us live in doesn’t have flawless beautiful wood and over time it just looks old and dirty. The white trim looks great and really brightens the space up!

Anya
    September 9, 2010 at 1:34 pm

It looks pretty and bright already! Looking at the pile of stuff on your table – you have such lovely things!

Erika
    September 9, 2010 at 7:32 pm

It’s already looking FABULOUS! Keep it going lady!

Kristín
    September 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm

it already looks “fresher” and cleaner somehow, looking forward to seeing the final outcome!

Bon courage!

Kim
    September 10, 2010 at 9:55 pm

It does look so much brighter. Can’t wait to compare before and after pics…I want to paint our trim and my husband doesn’t. I’m hoping this will help convince him.

.amanda.
    September 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I would love to see a HOW TO post, as this is exactly what my husband and I are looking to do in our home. I love your statement about this being your home and not a time capsule!

p.s. our wood trim is a total monet as well!!

Jessie
    September 17, 2010 at 9:00 am

It is going to be wonderful! :)

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Revisiting the 30 Before Thirty List
    September 23, 2010 at 12:15 pm

[…] 30. Paint all of the trim in our house. (I made progress, but the dining room took forever.) […]

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Painting the Built-in Hutch
    September 30, 2010 at 2:38 pm

[…] baseboards and trim in the dining room have been painted white. The windows have been primed and painted, but are awaiting a second coat. The built-in hutch […]

• 1 2