Style: September ’10

Fall! How I’ve missed you! You’ve always been my favorite, you know.

Style: September '10

I love the bow and the drape of that blouse, and I think it would be gorgeous tucked into a denim pencil skirt (I’d have wear a maternity version) with a long cardigan over top. That cardigan has a surprise too: peek-a-boo sequins in the pockets! Fall calls for a great suede bag, and I always love a pair of metallic flats — especially when there are chevrons involved. A simple gold ring and gem earrings pick up on the sparkle of the shoe.

22 Responses to “Style: September ’10”

1. Kate September 9, 2010 at 3:18 pm #

I love the denim pencil skirt, what a versatile fall staple!

2. Andrea Howe September 9, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

You should do a maternity style post. That should be a challenge for ya! Oh and that bag is gorgeous!

3. Pink Velvet Bird September 9, 2010 at 4:11 pm #

LOVE that skirt! This out fit is soooo close to cruelty free…just replace the bag (and check the shoes) :)

Cute cute cute!
    Pink Velvet Bird

4. Janice September 9, 2010 at 4:12 pm #

That sequin peek-a-boo cardigan looks fantastic. I am loving that olivey green shade right now!

5. Nuit September 9, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

I m loving the skirt so much!!! Great stylin’!

6. Jackie September 9, 2010 at 4:23 pm #

this month’s style board from you is reading my mind.

peek-a-boo glitter pockets make me swoon…SWOON!

7. Maureen September 9, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

I already have the skirt in black and denim. I’ve been planning to get the sweater this weekend and now I may need to get those shoes as well! Nice job.

8. evelyse September 9, 2010 at 8:35 pm #

i am getting so excited about fall and this helps even more!!!

9. Elisa @ What the Vita September 9, 2010 at 9:16 pm #

That skirt!! I ran out of my clothing budget (damn you labor day weekend) before I read this, so my life will never be the same after seeing that skirt that I won’t be able to have.

10. Joy_UK September 10, 2010 at 3:42 am #

I absolutely love these pieces!

Just yesterday I bought not 1 but 2 new denim skirts. The ones I own are now rather old lol
    I cannot wait for one of them to arrive :) They are so versatile!

I agree it would be ace if you did more style features, with maternity wear in mind ;)

11. Danielle September 10, 2010 at 5:36 am #

I saw a similar skirt at Target. It was not denim, but it was made to look it. So cute!

12. Sarah September 10, 2010 at 6:05 am #

Love autumn too – I am liking the blouse and the handbag, though the shoes are cool too!

13. jane September 10, 2010 at 11:10 am #

I think I saw a “band jacket” sweater in gray at Loft. Weren’t you looking for one? At least they answer the phone there. :)

14. Stacey September 10, 2010 at 11:11 am #

Cute pencil skirt!

15. nic September 10, 2010 at 11:12 am #

I just got that pencil skirt from the Gap! I wore it the other day and it was comfortable and exactly the right amount of dressiness for work. :) The sizing seems to be right on too.

16. jbhat September 10, 2010 at 11:18 am #

Very fetching–and inspiring. I have a similar skirt in my closet already, and just realized that I never wear it because the fit is slightly off. I should take it to the tailor so that I can get it into the rotation this autumn.

jbhat

17. Robin September 10, 2010 at 12:32 pm #

Can you include prices in your style posts, next to the item name/designer?

18. HollyP September 10, 2010 at 4:33 pm #

Love the blouse! I saw an identical blouse on Quincy ME (I’m a RetroTV junkie, and the original Grissom is my fave). I was struck by the classic outfit… white tie blouse under a trench… great anytime!

19. Sarah September 10, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

LOVE your style posts! I think its great you take a range of prices too. I ordered that yellow bow purse after you posted it. *LOOOOVE* I agree, you should post more fashion, you have such fun, eclectic style. I love it!

20. Beth September 12, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

I want to run right out and buy those shoes! I might be able to piece together the rest of the outfit from pieces I already own.

21. Bermomma September 12, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

I just found out we are also expecting #2 in May… I’m going to be following along on these boards like a hawk for cute maternity ideas! For some reason, I want to be more stylish this time around. It didn’t help that the majority of my full pregnancy days were in the heat of summer so the idea of finding cute layers was the last thing on my mind, this time I’m so excited to search for fun winter layers and styles.

22. Amanda September 16, 2010 at 4:00 am #

Thank you for the skirt find – perfect for work for a jeans addict like me. Mine is arriving tomorrow!