Orange Nursery Ideas

I’ve chosen orange for the new nursery. It’s such a fun, poppy color, and it could easily work for either gender (we’re having a boy!). Once you veer from pastels though, it’s hard to find essentials for the nursery like bedding and changing pads. Here are a few of the things I’m considering for the room:

1. Changing Pad Cover
  2. VITAMINER Baby Blanket
  3. George Ornament
  4. Side by Side Pillow
  5. Fitted Stripe Crib Sheet
  6. Plant Forms Print

78 Responses to “Orange Nursery Ideas”

1. Savanna October 19, 2010 at 9:09 pm #

Love this! I’m a big fan of orange lately…

2. Kristin October 19, 2010 at 11:48 pm #

I LOVE this for a nursery. It’s so vibrant and would look lovely with green/turquoise/navy…. yummy.

3. Pencils October 20, 2010 at 5:39 am #

ooh, love the orange nursery idea! I had been planning an orange & bright pink nursery, but by the time we bought our house and moved in and our daughter had a room of her own, she was eighteen months old and I was thinking of little girl’s grooms, not nurseries. So the orange and pink turned into coral. Still, I had a lot of orange ideas.

Someone else posted the Litto Magic Garden fish bedding, which is great stuff. Very high quality, adorable orange fish. Must get ready for work, but I’ll see if I can think of stuff later! Other than I adore this quilt, don’t know if you’re crafty that way or know someone who is, the fabrics are listed in the comments: http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/little-stitches-2008-entries/amy-butler-little-stitches-for-little-ones-entry-23-baby-activity-quilt-064753

4. Holly October 20, 2010 at 6:42 am #

i would have never thought of orange for a nursery, but i’m loving what you’ve picked out so far!

5. Claire October 20, 2010 at 8:37 am #

Love this! I thought I should mention though that I have those sheets and they drive me a bit batty. They are super stretchy so they tend to bunch. Very soft but the stripes always look a bit messy. I thought you might like to know. Good luck with the nursery planning! I can’t wait to see it come together.

6. orange sugar October 20, 2010 at 9:25 am #

Love orange. Check out Alexander Henry 2D zoo (http://www.fabricworm.com/alhe2dzooch1.html) Birch fabrics has some great orange prints too (http://www.birchfabrics.com/circa60.html) (http://fabricworm.blogspot.com/2010/10/quilt-market-is-fast-approaching-and.html)

7. christina October 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm #

You said you may work in a little green. I thought I’d share my idea, which you may love or hate. I love orange -bright orange, my fav. colour. But I love working it with the right turquoise, purple and grass green. I therefore love peacock feathers. If you look at alexander henry, he has an awesome peacock fabric, but the pattern is a bit big. And it’s ambiguous and bright, so very unisex. HOpe it helps inspire.

8. Wiggs (The Beholder) October 20, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

I’m de-lurking to ask if you’ve seen the Gossip Girl nursery. They have this ADORABLE orange monkey wallpaper that I have decided will grace the walls of my future baby’s nursery. If you do a Google search for Gossip Girl nursery you should find some inspiration. :)

9. Wiggs (The Beholder) October 20, 2010 at 6:29 pm #

I just got all distracted trying to stalk the Gossip Girl nursery and stumbled on this – look at the diaper thingy at the bottom! Orange!! And amazing. :) http://buymodernbaby.com/blog/2010/10/16/whats-new-from-boon/

10. erin pearce October 20, 2010 at 11:57 pm #

glad to hear you are going with orange! we painted our nursery a bright sherbet orange over the summer when we had our ultrasound and our baby didn’t want to show us what it was (the ultrasound tech thought it was a girl but wasn’t reall sure) so we decided on orange because its very gender neutral- can go very girly or very boyish! everyone thought we were crazy for going with such a bold bright color but all the white molding and doors tone it down and we love it! since we did end up having a girl we added pink to the orange and white and its absolutely adorable! but i LOVE orange, blue, and green for a little boy!

11. erin pearce October 21, 2010 at 12:08 am #

not that you need any decorating help because your home is lovely, but this was a moodboard i was going with before we found out if we were having a girl or boy and i was looking for other colors to go with the orange.

i love that 2d zoo fabric!

12. kristen k. October 21, 2010 at 11:26 am #

i love the orange idea! an eye-catching departure from the normal baby blue or green.

okay, this has nothing to do with babies, but i ran across an “orange” post on one of my other favorite blogs today that i just had to share!

13. kia October 25, 2010 at 11:34 pm #

i cannot wait to see what you do with the orange color scheme. i am struggling now to pull together my 2 month old daughters nursery strictly designed around nurseryworks macaroni pumpkin crib set. i’m open to suggestions from anyone :/

14. Marisha Yates April 14, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

I’m impressed with your presented ideas! You definitely get an excellent mind. :) Even though, I don’t know exactly what words to use to thank you but I have to admit I learned a lot. Keep going!

1. » Fabric for Our Boy’s Nursery Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. - October 25, 2010

[...] would still like to use orange in the new nursery, but I love orange paired with chartreuse/green, and I had wanted to use those colors together all [...]