Sewing Today

I’m sewing curtains for August’s nursery today. With drapery hooks. Wish me luck.

17 Responses to “Sewing Today”

1. Chedva May 30, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Wow, please report back how it went! I’ve sewn pretty complicated stuff, but somehow I’m still scared of sewing curtains.

2. marysza May 30, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

im keeping my fingers crossed! cant wait to see them! ;d

3. Shay May 30, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

Luck! I have confidence in you. Now I feel like breaking out in song a la Maria: “I have confidence in sunshine
    I have confidence in rain
    I have confidence that spring will come again”!

4. Kat May 30, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

Any recommendations for sewing sites or books. Got my first sewing machine and will start to make curtains too when I get over my fear!

5. Kristyne May 30, 2011 at 6:19 pm #

Dude, if you’re using header tape, it’s dead easy. Really. And kinda fun too when you pull to gather the pleats … ;)

• Making it Lovely May 31, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Yes! It was much easier than I thought it would be. Just like sewing a piece of ribbon to the top!

6. Good luck! Sewing is so good for the soul. Especially when it’s for your baby =)

– Sarah

7. Simone May 31, 2011 at 12:09 am #

I think i might do a bit of sewing myself, you have inspired me!
    Goodluck!

8. Anaïs May 31, 2011 at 2:08 am #

Good Luck! I am sure it will be beautiful, like everything you do ;-)

9. Sarah May 31, 2011 at 7:34 am #

Good luck! It should be a fun project. Just as a heads up, the Oak Park park district has sewing classes and they are lots of fun. I’m in one right now, and the teacher said that she’ll be doing a sewing class for making little boy stuff in the future ( like super hero capes!) which sounds really fun. The class sizes are small and the teacher is great!

10. Arlena May 31, 2011 at 7:51 am #

Good Luck! I am sure they will be beautiful…I love love Eleanor’s room..

11. Ang May 31, 2011 at 8:00 am #

I am also sewing today. It’s a gorgeous day, perfect for finishing those projects in the garage [china cabinet, 2 tables, dog bed and spray painting doll cribs].. but I’ve overdone it that last week post-op, so I will instead tackle the sewing projects I just Looooove to procrastinate on.
    Redo the swing on the deck, and finish the slip covers for the family room furniture.

Good luck with those drapery hooks!

12. Kate May 31, 2011 at 11:44 am #

Oh my goodness! That is awesome; I’m too intimidated to try the drapery hooks. Just putting it out there that a how-to post would be interesting and much appreciated!! Good luck! :)

• Making it Lovely May 31, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

I used a strip with the slots for the hooks built in (from IKEA). It was simple, just sewing a straight line!

13. Ali May 31, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

Wishing you good luck on your sewing project! :)

~ Ali

14. myhonestanswer May 31, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

Good luck! Sewing is hard.