- I’m not sure what a beet cake tastes like, but I wish I could make videos as pretty as this one. (via Poppytalk)
- Jules says: “One day I’m going to wear a striped top, paint my lips in Mac Lady Danger, and clutch a bunch of pink peonies.” Also? She found a great orangey red lp gloss.
- And just to be a total blogger cliché, I’ll be photographing myself in stripes this weekend for Stripe Mania. (Do it! It’s all in good fun.)
- Read this: The 6 Hour Cat. ‘Tis funny. And disturbing.
- It was a good week for redesigns! Design*Sponge and Oh Happy Day are both sporting a new look.
- The new issue of Anthology is out, and it’s the best one yet.
I also write for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here’s what I’ve been sharing there…
- Bow ties for the ladies!
- And bows on pillows and totes! (I like bows, OK?)
- As the temperature climbs, this is what I’ll be wearing to roller derby practices this summer.
- This is cool: a quill made entirely of graphite.
- I wish I had a big tree in the backyard to hang this wooden swing from, but since ours seems to be dying, I don’t think it’s going to happen.
p.s. I’m announcing a contest on Monday with a pretty amazing prize. I’ve been very fortunate lately to work with some excellent sponsors, but on Monday I’m turning over one of my opportunities to you!