23 July 5, 2011

Painting My Office

This is how I spent the long weekend (when I wasn’t parading around with a bunch of ladies in sparkly hot pants).

Elisa @ What the Vita
    July 5, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Looks great already. White trim just makes every room look NEW!

Amy Kelly
    July 5, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Oh my gosh, this peek is so exciting! I’m loving what I can see of the new color on your walls and can’t wait to see the finished space.

Beth C
    July 5, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Oh, I can’t wait to see it when it’s all done! We spent last Fourth of July painting our bedroom. It took all weekend, but it was so worth it!

Jessica
    July 5, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Looking good! I see a stained wood door there…we have an old house with wood trim, too. I have started painting the trim white but have kept the doors stained. What is your thought on that??!!

Making it Lovely
      July 6, 2011 at 11:06 am

I’ve seen a lot of people leaving the doors stained, or even painted a different color, and it looks nice. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing yet with mine though.

GoHausGo
    July 5, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Ooo! It’s looking so good! Can’t wait to see the finished result.

Ban Clothing
    July 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Please share what colour you painted your office. It looks like the perfect colour I have been looking for my bedroom.

Making it Lovely
      July 6, 2011 at 11:05 am

It’s Contented, from the HGTV Home line at Sherwin Williams.

CoraD
    July 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm

The second half of that sentence has to be the best sentence of all time. I’m tempted to buy sparkly hot pants just so I can use it.

Tara
    July 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Ooh white trim – it one of those things that just looks good in every space. Can you share what kind of primer or paint you are using?

Making it Lovely
      July 6, 2011 at 11:07 am

I used Zinsser primer (we already had it on hand), and HGTV Home paint from Sherwin Williams (flat for the walls, semi-gloss for the trim).

Katrina
    July 5, 2011 at 2:51 pm

It’s hard work, but It will pay off in the end!

Audrie
    July 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Looks great! I love white trim, and I’d really love to find the strength to paint all the trim in my house white. But it’s so extensive that I just can’t bring myself to do it! Sad, but true.

Dana
    July 5, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Where are the lamps in your office from? I love them!

Julie Anne
    July 5, 2011 at 6:20 pm

The sneak peek of new wall color is really tantalizing – I think I love it, but will hold my crazy applause for the final triumphant reveal…

Lisa
    July 6, 2011 at 8:11 am

I can’t wait to see what color you used!

Adriane Duckworth
    July 6, 2011 at 8:53 am

Looks great so far! Is that grey wall paint I see??

Andrea @ Strawberry-Chic
    July 6, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I’ll be honest, I actually love to paint! And whats even better is how much of a change it can create in a space for little $. Can’t wait to see your office when its done!

Thinking of Making Some Changes | Making it Lovely
    July 18, 2011 at 12:04 pm

[…] office already had white trim when we moved in, and I’ve added the kitchen, dining room, and my office. Soon I’ll tackle the living room and front entry, and the painted trim project will be […]

Sheri
    July 26, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I have a trim question for you – we just bought a house with wood trim that we’re planning to paint. Our house also has wooden windows. Did you paint your windows as well, or just the trim around them? I’m worried about the paint mucking up the sliding mechanism.

Making it Lovely
      July 26, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I paint the windows too. Thin, even coats are key — it’s when the paint gets glopped on that it really causes problems.