Style: August 2011

I like the mix of dressy and casual in this one. A red pencil skirt and sexy shoes are dressed down with a slouchy dolman-sleeved tee and an unstructured leather tote. I’d wear this outfit with my hair pulled back in a low ponytail, a pair of oversized glasses, and a couple of bracelets. Easy, but pulled together.

20 Responses to “Style: August 2011”

1. Suzanna August 18, 2011 at 9:51 am #

Love it! I’m starting to be drawn to red more lately…

2. Gloria August 18, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Cute outfit, but it says July for the August board!

3. classiq August 18, 2011 at 9:57 am #

The shoes and glasses are simply fabulous!
    Ada

4. Katie August 18, 2011 at 10:25 am #

Love those glasses!

5. Shannon (8foot6) August 18, 2011 at 10:36 am #

Love this Look!

I just ordered a son of a sailor bracelet last night!

6. emilyjmwi August 18, 2011 at 10:51 am #

Love the red/orange skirt
    It links to “the limited” not Ny & Co

• Making it Lovely August 18, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

Dang, another oops. Can you tell I was tired today? (I’ve fixed it now.)

7. william + jessica August 18, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

oh, my! i can’t tell you how excited we are to be featured on Making it Lovely! i’ve been reading this blog for a few years now, and it’s so fun to see our bracelet as part of your style post!

i’m going to go pinch myself now…

jessica (+ william)

• Making it Lovely August 18, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

You’re so sweet! I love your shop. I found it recently and now I want one of each bracelet you make. They’re all so perfect.

8. Amanda August 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

Those shoes are an insane find and the whole look is perfection. Thanks for sharing!

9. Angela August 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

Super cute. But a warning: that bag is my most regretted purchase ever. You can’t carry more than a very light wallet in the thing without tears in the bag and on the handles. (And I recently visited a Gap factory store where Gap/BR/Old Navy stores send their damages and saw a whole bin of those bags with torn handles…they’d been damaged before even making it to stores.) Not worth it for the money.

10. Miss B. August 18, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

Always my favorite posts, I love the pop of red and the link bracelet is so me. I need you to be my personal stylist. I am sure when you wear this outfit you look sweet as sugar.

xx,

Miss B.

11. theaxx August 19, 2011 at 7:37 am #

oooh yes, I do agree. I was actually perving on the those shoes this morning and trying desperately to think up an excuse to get them – sigh… I wasn’t creative enough to come up with one! :(

(thea of spoonfulzine)

12. PT August 19, 2011 at 11:19 am #

those shoes are AWESOME! :)

13. Adventures In Babywearing August 20, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

I love those shoes and you have a great shape- you’d look great in that skirt!

Steph

14. Anna August 21, 2011 at 10:08 pm #

I love this board – so inspiring! The glasses are especially cool. Thanks for leading me to that site – I’m thinking about ordering some pairs to try on. My current favorite glasses are from Zenni Optical, but their quality is meh. The only thing is … I *love* my current glasses. They’re pink! They only last about 3 months though.