Honor Roll

Sometimes I come across something so cute/sweet/charming/funny/pretty/inspiring/lovely that I just want to share it with you.  These are the things that have made my  honor roll.

• Quirky/beautiful.
  • I’m increasingly drawn to gold and black these days, and I’ve admired that flatware for ages.
  • I want to make one of these rainbow wrapped wreaths. Maybe in shades of pink?
  • I want to try this, should I ever find myself in Grand Central Station.
  • I heart this.
  • And among a list of fun, often fluffy things, I add this. It broke my heart.

I also write for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here’s what I’ve been sharing there…

11 Responses to “Honor Roll”

1. Annabelle November 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

LOVE the hair tutorial. We are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, since it’s not a holiday in France, and I am going to try it. It looks very doable yet sophisticated. Thanks for the inspiration, have a great weekend!

2. Molly the Waffler November 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

I’ve been hearing and reading so much about Instagram lately. I think it’s time I tried it, especially because those magnets are so cool. Also: when I clicked on the “I heart that” link I got a page saying the page I wanted wasn’t there…

3. Danielle November 25, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

I went to a small college in Southern Illinois, Greenville College, and it had a whisper wall just outside the dining commons. An upperclassman showed it to a friend and I during our first week there, and we sat there giggling and whispering to each other like idiots for a good 15 minutes. Good times.

4. Sarah November 26, 2011 at 11:05 am #

i love tasteful yellow gold – love that flatware in gold.

i’ve had long hair all my life and but for a semi-decent looking messy bun, i’m pretty hopeless at styling it other than keeping it long and straight. i’m complimented on my hair regularly, but i’d love to learn how to curl and style it properly.

5. Paisley November 27, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

Holy hell! I watched the hair video once, copied the steps in about 20 seconds and my hair looks terrific!

6. Amy November 28, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

I found that same hair tutorial on pinterest and tried it this weekend. I love it!

7. Erika November 29, 2011 at 9:01 am #

I tried the hairstyle this morning and love it! So easy and so simple. Really easier than a bun I sometimes wear just to keep my hair out of my face. Thanks for sharing.

8. Making it Lovely November 29, 2011 at 11:24 am #

I’m loving the hair style, and so glad it’s working for so many of you too! It’s a good one.

9. Katie November 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

What at treat to come home from Thanksgiving travels and see that you linked to the wreath tutorial on my blog! I’m delighted you liked it. I’m also going to try the hair tutorial, thanks!

10. Rachel November 29, 2011 at 11:32 pm #

So fun! I’ve been sporting this the last couple days – I also love it because of the curls it give once you let it down. Love your blog – just found it and can’t wait to read more!