62 November 5, 2008

Yes We Did

I’m proud of our country. I’m proud that a man I helped elect to the senate and supported in the primaries has now been elected president. I’m proud to have had a candidate that I actually feel represented my interests and the best interests of the country. I’m proud that we will have an honest, intelligent, and thoughtful leader. I’m proud to have experienced an event so monumental that both my husband and I were moved to tears. I’m proud that my child will be born in this historic time.

Thank you, America.

President Elect Barack Obama

Cheryl
    November 7, 2008 at 10:55 am

I shed tears, but they were totally not tears of joy. I can only hope and pray that Obama doesnt turn out to be as divisive as he appears. how can we have any change if we elected the most radical senator? Im not sure, but Im hoping he will be able to do something right.

jyun
    November 7, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Obama will have a tough road ahead of him for sure, but we finally have someone in the office whos heart is in the right place and someone who truly wants to do the best for our country, for the people of this country.
    The whole world will be watching his every move, and I’m pretty sure he’s aware of that and that will only make him do better, try harder. I believe in him.

Laura
    November 7, 2008 at 11:02 pm

I shed tears of joy. Yes, we did.

Rayana
    November 8, 2008 at 8:29 am

Yay for Obama! :)

Diva Style
    November 9, 2008 at 1:18 am

I’m proud of us, too–FINALLY!! YES WE DID!!!!

TWB
    November 9, 2008 at 4:08 am

Thank You!

SLE
    November 10, 2008 at 12:10 am

Obama wins, America loses. We must pray for our nation and the millions of babies that are being murdered every day (and funded by Obama and many of those who have elected him). We need to get back to the conservative naition we once were otherwise we will begin our slow decent into the Third World.

with this election “America had finally switched sides in a global cultural war. Forget the Cold War, or even the Iraq War. The United States, having for the most part a deeply conservative people, had until now just about stood out against many of the mistakes which have ruined so much of the rest of the world”

Susie
    November 10, 2008 at 12:33 am

Wow, SLE. I couldn’t disagree more, but mostly I’m sad that you feel that way. To revert to the notion of ‘the culture war’ is to be ruled by fear and to ignore all of the other pressing issues we face (the economy, healthcare, education, and so on).

I’m proud of the choice America made.

Jennae @ Green Your Decor
    November 10, 2008 at 10:24 am

As a black woman, I still tear up every time I think about this election. It makes me feel like this nation, collectively, finally understands that race should not be an issue when determining a person’s character. And although it has brought out the worst in a few, I am ecstatic that the majority really did rule this time. I love that I can tell my daughter she can be president and really mean it. This nation has turned a corner and voted for the man who brought positivity, inspiration and hope to the campaign trail. We got it right this time!

To S.L.E., I am sincerely sad and sorry that you feel that way. The United States does not have a deeply conservative base, although it once felt that way. The majority spoke in this election, and the majority believes that our future depends on change — not more of the same partisan politics that has ruled for the past 8 years. That didn’t work, so please join us in trying a new direction for the betterment of our nation and us as individuals.

robin
    November 14, 2008 at 5:21 pm

it is an amazing feeling to be proud of our country again… at last

Carey
    November 20, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Shame on the comment about cringing to say you are from America. You obviously haven’t the slightest clue that people from EVERY country in the world would love to live in America (that includes England, France, Italy…). Obviously taking advantages of your given freedoms to trash the place. Classy.

anonymous
    November 24, 2008 at 9:32 am

does anyone not realize that he wants legalize all immigrants, and then give our hard-earned social security to them?

had anyone not taken into consideration that he was on freddie mac and fannie may’s payroll? or are most of you that uniformed that you don’t even know what ‘that’ is?

does anyone remember that he wants us to pay 20-30% of capital gains (the profit from the sale) of our home to the government?

and when he wants to give more money to fund teachers, do you think that is going to come from his wallet, or yours?

had anyone noticed that he had only been in the senate for months not years and had never been in control of a company? Now he is supposed to lead an entire NATION?

• 1 2