Style: December 2011

This is a little different from my usual style, but not so far out there that I’d never wear it. I love the dress with black tights, and that bag has been on my wish list for a while now. The glasses are awesome, the necklace is bold but not crazy (sometimes I like ‘em a little crazy), and the ring is just plain cool. I think it’s the ankle boots that are pushing me out of my comfort zone with this outfit. What about you — would you wear this? Or maybe with some substitutions?

25 Responses to “Style: December 2011”

1. Elisabeth@YCCII December 8, 2011 at 10:59 am #

Was just thinking about this dress yesterday. Better not think too long now! ;-)

2. melanie c December 8, 2011 at 11:05 am #

great look!
    i have a question for the interwebs:
    how do you guys feel about black tights with peep toe booties/heels?

• Making it Lovely December 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

I want to hear what other people say too! I’ve seen it on other people and it looks all right, but I feel weird about doing it myself.

• alana degraaf December 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

i think its do-able!! for sure

• laila December 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

I love tights and knee socks with peep toe or even sandals. My hardest thing is finding tights that fit but don’t slide down and bunch at the ankles. I used to love Spanx reversible, but I just dropped $34 on a pair that according to their size chart I fit perfectly in and they slid down all day! (‘cuz yanking at tights all day is sooo ladylike). what brands to people like?

3. Amanda December 8, 2011 at 11:07 am #

I love the bag, but not the price! Anything more affordable, but similar?

4. tracy December 8, 2011 at 11:12 am #

You totally nailed it! That bag! Those glasses! THE RING!

5. Erika December 8, 2011 at 11:31 am #

Love this style post – more “me” than some, but I always appreciate seeing how well you put things together.
    I would totally wear it.
    That’s an awesome bag, but I’m scared to even look at the price :)

6. Lori December 8, 2011 at 11:43 am #

I WOULD wear this, it’s classy enough for my age (49) – however, I would not wear the ankle boots…they aren’t “me” and I rarely like the way they look…

7. Amanda December 8, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

I love those boots but would never wear them with that outfit. Boots like that with skirts make my legs look fat. With pants or jeans, I think they would be super cool.

8. Shannon December 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

I LOVE this outfit. I know you aren’t sure about the booties, but I think they are smokin’ hot! Perfect outfit for holiday parties.

9. Naomi A. December 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

I think I would admire the boots on someone else, but would be scared to wear them myself. But I think the outfit is awesome!!

10. tracy December 8, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

I wanted to add that if you have bigger calves but a thin ankle area, those boots really help elongate the leg. I have to stay away from most boots because the width of the ankle area makes my whole leg look like a tree stump.

11. Hannah December 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

I love everything about this outfit!!!

12. J December 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

I’d stick to my tall black flat boots.

I like the opaque hose w/peep toes (esp. bright hose).

13. Sara Cate December 8, 2011 at 4:56 pm #

I’ve been swooning over that Marc Jacobs bag all year!

14. Brooklyn December 8, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

Girl! This outfit is amazing. I want everything on this list. I absolutely love your style. I’m going to keep this (and your style inspirations in general) in mind when I’m shopping.

15. Kate December 8, 2011 at 9:20 pm #

Love this outfit! I would totally rock it at a holiday party. Yes, I like tights + peep toes :)

16. Danielle December 9, 2011 at 9:38 am #

Love it! I’ve been hunting unsuccessfully for flat riding-style boots that aren’t too loose in the calves (boo hoo – all the Frye boots that I tried were too big) and am thinking I should try booties instead. Of course they aren’t flats, but they’re sooo cute! Thanks for the ideas!

• rose campion December 9, 2011 at 11:25 am #

Did you know that you can take boots to the shoe repair place and have them cut down to fiit in the calf? have the opposite problem as you- most boot calves are too small, but either way, a good shoe guy is a god send.

17. Heather December 9, 2011 at 10:05 am #

I rarely comment, but I LOVE this style post! I have been at home with my three-month old and sometimes feel like I don’t remember what kind of style I like, but this is very close. Thanks for sharing!

18. Danielle December 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

I just ordered the Zara boots – fingers crossed that they look as amazing in person!