I’ve spent all weekend dollhousing. My father-in-law has been instrumental, further cementing himself as perhaps Eleanor’s favorite person. While I painted and wallpapered walls, he built the foundation. Then he picked up the pieces to build the frame (my mother-in-law assisted in the building process too), while I moved on to painting windows and furniture, and making bedding.
I’ve made a lot of progress in just one day, thanks to my in-laws (for assembling), and Brandon (for watching the kids so I could work)! It will not be completely finished by the deadline of December 15, but it’s getting closer.
Here’s a little peek at what the dollhouse is looking like now.
Still to do:
- build and attach the dormers
- paint the exterior
- add shingles to the roof
- build the front porch
- paint/stain the stairs and railings
- glue the ribbon runner to the stairs
- flooring for all rooms
- trim out the windows and doors
- add baseboards and crown molding
- sew curtains
- finish sewing all of the bedding
- make/find a dining table
- make/find a desk (if including an office)
- determine which room is which (I made some last minute switches)
- make/find end tables and nightstands
- lighting for all rooms (battery powered or just decorative)
- make art for all rooms
- build counters and countertops for kitchen
- assemble the farmhouse kitchen sink
- sew a sink skirt
- add a fireplace
- arrange and decorate all the rooms
- paint the exposed edges
- touch ups
No, there’s no way to do all of that by tomorrow (so that I can photograph it to show you on Thursday). I’m not just working on this for the challenge though; This is going to be Eleanor’s dollhouse. She’s only two, a bit young for the dollhouse, so there’s still plenty of time to finish it for her.