13 January 27, 2012

Honor Roll

Sometimes I come across something so cute/sweet/charming/funny/pretty/inspiring/lovely that I just want to share it with you.  These are the things that have made my  honor roll.

* Brandon wanted to give August the name Oscar Danger Balch so that his initials would be ODB. It took me a long time to realize he was serious.

I also write daily for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here’s what I’ve been sharing over there…

Knock Knock is giving away a set of funny Valentines cards over on Making it Lovely’s Facebook page. Go enter, and good luck!

Caroline
    January 27, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Also so his middle name would be Danger, I imagine. (My boyfriend actually had a College friend with a middle name Danger).

TaiLeah Madill
      January 28, 2012 at 7:05 pm

When I was pregnant with our first, we were sure it was a boy and my hubby really wanted to make his middle name Danger. The idea grew on me and even our family came to accept it. But then, once he was born, my hubby totally chickened out and said there was no way we could do that to him. I still love the idea.(I also wanted to make our 2nd child’s middle name, who I thought was a girl, Vicious)

Donaville
    January 27, 2012 at 1:22 pm

haha, too cute. What is August’s middle name?

Making it Lovely
      January 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Ray, after my uncle. Or after Eames, as some people have assumed!

Melissa
    January 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Love all of these links! The photography site….very cool and scary all at the same time!

Melanie
    January 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Hi Nicole! I’m glad I got to meet you (briefly!) at Alt. Thanks for including my pinboard! I think I’ll be looking at it throughout the year. I’m planning to tag people and write more descriptive info about each pin when I have a chance. Take care!

Danielle
    January 27, 2012 at 5:26 pm

You know, I think Brandon new job should be to write on the blog from time to time. He is hilarious!

Molly the Waffler
    January 28, 2012 at 2:21 pm

One of my son’s classmates just approached me about buying girl scout cookies and I couldn’t resist a few boxes of Thin Mints. If I hadn’t been in such a rush I probably would have included some Lemon…never had them, but I’d bet they’d be great with a cup of tea.

Paisley
      January 29, 2012 at 7:02 pm

The lemon Savannah Smiles are a special 100th GS anniversary cookie. I don’t know if they’ll be back next year so track some down while you can. They have a little tartness to them and are great with tea!

Miss B.
    January 28, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Those photographs take my stomach away. My husband and I just saw a documentary on urban exploring, the photographs/photographers in general were so creative.

Jenny
    January 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm

i tried to show my partner the hysterical guide to baby’s sleep positions, but on the babble site it says “not found”–what happened?

Making it Lovely
      January 30, 2012 at 11:06 am

The guys that made them are planning to share them on Babble next month, so we removed them from Family Style. You can check out the whole series here though! (I also moved the link up to the top half of the Honor Roll.)

Chelan
    January 30, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Has Brandon been reading this blog? http://simplyradiant.blogspot.com/2011/03/ollies-birth-announcements.html
    Oliver Danger is pretty close to Oscar Danger… :)
    (By the way, best birth announcement *ever*)