49 January 31, 2012

Style: January ’12

I’m squeaking in at the end here with this month’s style post! I had put together two fashion posts earlier in the month, but a few people have been asking for the official January outfit, so here it is. It’s one of my favorites ever, I think.

p.s. Is it helpful to have the prices listed, or is it distracting? I try to pick from a good range, and I don’t include anything I wouldn’t consider spending my own pennies on.

January 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Love! I like the inclusion of the prices, too.

January 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I like the pricing. :) Though I do wish that floral shirt was about $100 cheaper. It’s so pretty.

January 31, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I love the way you listed it with the prices!!

January 31, 2012 at 1:19 pm

The ring is my favourite piece here; I’ve never seen anything like it!

January 31, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I really like having the prices showing. Saves me the trouble of having to click to find out the bag is way too expensive for me. :-)

January 31, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Ditto! Love the prices and hated having to click around.

January 31, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I ran into that little pink skirt at Target the other day. Seeing it here and loving it before I knew where it was from means I should probably go back for it.

January 31, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I like to see the prices. In this case the price of the skirt evens out the price of the shirt.

January 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I love the prices!

Molly the Waffler
    January 31, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I’m wondering if the ‘Liberty Art Fabric’ is a nod to Liberty of London prints or if it indeed a Liberty of London print. I have a soft spot for these prints, as my father used to wear Liberty of London ties all the time. I agree with the others about pricing — it’s helpful to see the price and have some expectations before clicking through to the link.

Stephanie K
    January 31, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I wish you were prego right now, because I could really use some maternity style inspiration! :)

January 31, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I like the prices included! For me, who has a smaller budget, it lets me know what to take just as inspiration and what I can actually get my hands on – like that skirt from Target!

January 31, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I like having the prices here. It annoys me when I have to click thru to see whether or not I can afford something. With your style posts, I can determine just *how much* I love an article before I click through.

emily @ go haus go
    January 31, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Oh, I love! Pairing caramel-colored tones with bright colors is awesome and a combo I always overlook.

January 31, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I like seeing the prices, especially in the context of the whole outfit – some of the pieces look way pricier than they are! Now if only Anthropologie would fix their ghastly ripoff dollar-to-euro exchange rate so I could justify buying those beautiful shoes… sigh.

Stumped for a Valentine's Day Gift? | Family Style
    January 31, 2012 at 3:24 pm

[…] You can get the full details of this outfit post right over here. […]

January 31, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I like the pricing!

January 31, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I love having the prices listed. Please keep on.

January 31, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Oh dear, I am quite in love with that cardigan. I like that you included the prices.

Mary Beth
    January 31, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I own the Isabella cardigan in the pale pink
    color Boden calls blossom. It is a stunner.
    The buttons really do sparkle! All in all, a
    beautiful piece of clothing.

I like seeing the prices.

Thanks Nicole – you have a fascinating blog.

January 31, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Well, for me the prices are quite distracting as I can’t afford most of the pieces. Maybe “depressing” is more precise!

January 31, 2012 at 4:54 pm

YES! Having prices is very helpful, and not too distracting. Don’t worry your minimalistic pretty head

January 31, 2012 at 5:25 pm

As one of those people requesting the official January post i officially thank you!!! I print out your style posts and look at them for inspiration, i also purchased a few favorite pieces over the years like Old Navy Kelly Green Maternity Shirt Dress, Anthropologie Yellow Ruffle Bag and a few others.

I think having prices is very helpful. After all this is not a shopping list, but an inspiration collage that you can often replicate with cheaper items if something is out of your budget or something that you already have in your closet.

Making it Lovely
      January 31, 2012 at 8:57 pm

“After all this is not a shopping list, but an inspiration collage that you can often replicate with cheaper items if something is out of your budget or something that you already have in your closet.”

YES. I always hope that’s how these are taken, for that’s surely the intent!

January 31, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Prices are very helpful. Thanks!

January 31, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I’ve been obsessing about black and white stripes lately – so love the bag.
    I’m also loving the Mossimo knit stuff at Target. I think I’ve gotten about 6 dresses from them – so comfortable!
    Prices on all this stuff are awesome!

Chloe's Mom
    January 31, 2012 at 6:49 pm

The ring….ummmm, no.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com
    January 31, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Glad you include prices — EXTREMELY HELPFUL :)

Eva / Sycamore Street Press
    January 31, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I was eyeing those shirts at J. Crew, too! Love the liberty floral prints. Just came across your pretty business card from Alt, too. I love how it’s classic, but still very fresh. And I wanted to say again that it was nice seeing you at Alt!

February 1, 2012 at 2:29 am

Oooh, pretty! Love the stump ring!

February 1, 2012 at 2:42 am

Nice job in Adore!!!!

Dee in BC
    February 1, 2012 at 9:56 am

I really like the prices being shown.

Jessica @shimmerkai
    February 1, 2012 at 11:12 am

I love those rings…

February 1, 2012 at 11:38 am

Always enjoy your fashion posts. But! Your new blog design — gorgeous! Wouldn’t expect anything less from you, though!

February 1, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I love the pricing included…although J.Crew might as well be haute couture for the prices nowadays. Over a hundred dollars for cotton button-downs? The problem is you’ll never be able to find their rich colors anywhere else for cheap…except maybe ebay?

February 1, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I might have to take a trip to Target to look at the skirt. Maybe nice for Valentine’s dinner.

I really love your style posts and I often find “jewels” at stores I might have passed up.

Erin R.
    February 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I LOVE it.

February 1, 2012 at 1:20 pm

It is definitely helpful to show the prices…..that helps me decide if I will go out and buy it myself, or not.

February 1, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Looks lovely indeed. Congrats on the re-design!

February 1, 2012 at 4:41 pm

The site looks great! As a fellow webdesigner, I applaud your creativity that you bring online. My blog lacks that, but I hope to get it looking better soon!

For the price question, I like it! I hate it when people do not put the price of an item because if I want it, I have to search the item and find how much it was. If it was too expensive, I just wasted my time. Not only that, but it’s common sense that even though something may be out of your price range, there are always similar items out there.

February 1, 2012 at 10:03 pm

love it! You are so talented!!

February 1, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Oh my. The cardigan, the bag, the shooooooooz! Great stuff and I appreciate the prices.

February 1, 2012 at 11:26 pm

I like seeing the prices posted, although I wouldn’t exactly call that a good “range.” There are a lot of good pieces, but almost $90 for a sweater? Over $300 for a purse? $300 is like my total clothing budget for a year, if that.

I love seeing your style posts, they are totally an inspiration, even if I can never ever afford anything you list.

PS. I would love to see a beauty style post, about the different makeups, nail polishes, face stuff, etc you use and love!
    And maybe a house style post with listings for (hopefully more affordable!) organic sheets, rugs, etc. :)

February 2, 2012 at 9:08 am

Please keep showing prices!

February 2, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I definitely prefer the prices to be included! Great outfit and very cute new site design.

February 5, 2012 at 9:56 am

Helpful! Many thanks!

February 24, 2012 at 5:45 pm

such a stylish ensemble, i’m slowly going through all your new pages, and pictures again, i am in love with this new layout.