20 February 29, 2012

Making it Yours 8B: Leather Chesterfield

Making it Yours follows one piece of furniture through several different looks. We’ve already seen this green leather couch in a more masculine room, and now we’ll see it with a (young) woman’s touch.

Frances’ older brother, Tom, has met someone and they’ve taken the next step of moving in together. She’s thrilled for them! His boyfriend is a vegan though, and so the leather couch in Tom’s home has got to go. Frances is the lucky recipient, though she doesn’t know if she should count herself lucky exactly. True, her old Klippan had seen better days, but a chesterfield? “Isn’t that awfully stuffy?” she thought. Oh well. It is a nice quality piece of furniture. And that bunny pillow does lend it a sense of humor.

Lauren@BaylorSays...
    February 29, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Why oh why can’t someone handmedown a fab chesterfield?? You’ve done a great job here! I’m very angry at myself for not snapping up the WE rug when it came out…I believe every single other person in the blogosphere bought one. That chair is SUPER RAD!

Making it Lovely
      March 2, 2012 at 2:41 am

I love that rug too. I’ve tried to convince myself that it would be good in my office. Low traffic, nice for the kids to play on, etc… but I don’t need (and can’t afford) it right now.

Molly the Waffler
    February 29, 2012 at 1:07 pm

The Chesterfield is definitely softened up with all these new additions. It’s amazing how much accessories matter!

Danielle
    February 29, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Love that floor lamp, but I can’t convince my husband of its awesome-ness. argh!

Making it Lovely
      March 2, 2012 at 2:39 am

But it’s adjustable! Is that not a strong enough “ooh, it’s awesome” selling point?

kate
    February 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Very cool! Love this one!

Christina W.
    February 29, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I think this might be my favorite MIY ever!

Alice
    February 29, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Love this look so much! I’ve always wanted a tree stump table, but want to make it myself. Maybe lacquered in gold? I just love them.

Sarah K
    February 29, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Love it! So feminine compared to yesterday’s masculine look.

Christine G
    February 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Love this! I’ve been lusting after a chesterfield couch for years. One day.

loveandapples.blog.ca

Jesselyn
    March 1, 2012 at 9:26 am

I love this MiY – I concur with Christina, my favorite!

Ladies, I am not kidding when I say I have found TWO chesterfields estate-sal-ing this week alone. Too bad I can’t fit it into my apartment and the thought of replacing my white sofa makes me sad.

Making it Lovely
      March 2, 2012 at 2:43 am

They’re out there sometimes! It’s definitely an attainable find if you have the patience.

Liz
    March 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I seriously love this room and want to live there. Anytime you want to give my place a makeover, just let me know ;)

Chelsea @ Adorning Alabama
    March 1, 2012 at 12:15 pm

My husband is convinced a Chesterfield looks like the most uncomfortable thing in the world, and yet is the one furniture piece I covet most. What to do!

designchic
    March 4, 2012 at 8:35 am

My daughter has two white leather Chesterfield sofas in her playroom – I know, seems crazy, but they are beautiful and so easy to keep clean!! Love the look. Happy to find your blog this morning ~

Lianna
    March 4, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Love the series! My favorite is the second one. That style of couch is so versitle – LOVE IT!

Making it Yours 8D: Leather Chesterfield | Making it Lovely
    April 10, 2012 at 12:33 pm

[…] the leather chesterfield. We’ll see it in her decidedly feminine space next.We saw the couch in his sister’s home, but many of you asked for a spinoff! What replaced it? Let’s see… Tom loved his leather […]

Making it Yours 8C: Leather Chesterfield | Making it Lovely
    April 10, 2012 at 12:34 pm

[…] looks. We’ve already seen this green leather couch in a more masculine room, and then in a younger, more feminine space. Now we have it in its final look, another feminine room, but this time a little more refined.When […]

Making it Yours 8D: Leather Chesterfield | Wood Workings
    April 11, 2012 at 5:07 am

[…] visually perceived the couch in his sister’s home, but many of you asked for a spinoff! What superseded it? Let’s see… […]