12 March 16, 2012

Honor Roll

Sometimes I come across something so cute/sweet/charming/funny/pretty/inspiring/lovely that I just want to share it with you. These are the things that have made my honor roll.

My Writing Elsewhere…

Enter to win these Moroccan Tea Lights on Making it Lovely’s Facebook page. Good luck!

Molly the Waffler
    March 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I am totally in love with those made for Ikea legs — makes me kind of sad that I’m not in the market for a sofa or bed. It’s funny how Ikea has spawned so many other businesses. I’ve been listening to This American Life for I can’t even remember how many years — if you have a long road trip ahead of you it’s a must podcast!

Natasha
    March 16, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I JUST wrote a blog post this week about how I switched out the chunky legs that came with my IKEA Karlstad sofa for some slim mid-century-style legs! It’s made such a difference and my sofa doesn’t scream “IKEA” as much anymore :)
    Here’s my post if you’d like to check it out:

LOVE the pretty legs you found, too!

xo,
    Natasha

Simone
    March 16, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I am in the market for two new sofas, I havent even considered an Ikea one, however these amazing legs make me think again!

meryl rose
    March 16, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Swoon: Steve McQueen. He was SO handsome. Ultimate Top 5 list.

Brenda
    March 16, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I am with Meryl and her Steve McQueen love.

Jules
    March 16, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Those retractions (especially the one regarding David Sedaris’s sexual orientation) made me laugh out loud. I don’t know if he gave the same talk at the readings you went to, but at the one I went to a couple years ago he shared some stories about writing for The New Yorker and dealing with their fact checking department that were hilarious.

Adriane
    March 16, 2012 at 8:38 pm

The sunset bracelets are so perfect. I think I need them!!

Sophie
    March 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm

as if i could love julianne moore anymore (this could be a song title a la “david duchovny, why don’t you love me?” does anybody else remember that song?).
    sophie

Chon
    March 17, 2012 at 1:39 am

LovIng the baby clothes! I purchased the cute little monkey outfit for my best friend!

Igor
    March 17, 2012 at 11:59 am

Great round-up! Have a fab weekend!

Rachael
    March 18, 2012 at 9:22 am

The pegs are pretty, but did you see that it cost 26 Euros just to ship to the US or Canada? That’s $34 on top of extremely expensive pegs (110 Euros for 4 pegs, that’s $140)!

I think I’d be better off making my own. They’re cute, but not $174 cute.