Rainbow Birthday Party Invitations (Free Printable)

We had a rainbow party last year for Eleanor’s birthday, and I made really cute invitations for it. At the time, I didn’t offer a free printable version because I couldn’t think of a way to incorporate the custom rainbow colored text into an invite that would work for everybody. After adapting my train party invitations, I realized I could do something similar, and lo, a free download for you today.

These are for personal, non-commercial use only.

I’ve only provided cards for ages 1-10, but if you’re handy with a graphics program, you should be able to create any number you please. Rainbow 75th birthday party, anyone?

25 Responses to “Rainbow Birthday Party Invitations (Free Printable)”

1. alana degraaf April 23, 2012 at 11:29 am #

THANKS!!! :) Love them, i can use for my little Lyla’s first birthday June 1.

2. tara April 23, 2012 at 11:30 am #

These are so perfect! And how nice of you to make them available for so many ages… thanks!

3. Sarah April 23, 2012 at 11:31 am #

Awesome! Thank you! I may just use these this year =)

4. Elisse Newey April 23, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

Super cute. Now if I only had a two year old…. ;)

5. Carly April 23, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

Thank you! These are so cute.

I’m thinking rainbow birthday 25!!

6. Cara Crowley April 24, 2012 at 12:06 am #

So cute! Thanks for offering them as a download.

7. Rebecca April 24, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Ahh! We are having a rainbow party this weekend! Too bad the invites went out weeks ago! Oh well, these are very cute, and you are so kind to share! Thanks so much!

8. Ali April 24, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

I’m singing Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah! My oh my what a wonderful day!” I’m walking on sunshine! Enough of my happy singing….Thank you so much! You are so very GENEROUS to share your creative invitations! I’m going to use them for my daughter’s rainbow art party in the fall! :) LOVE you and LOVE your blog!

~ Ali

9. KellyGreeny April 24, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

These are fabulous!I’m going to pass this along to my friend whose little one is turning one shortly!

10. Melissa April 25, 2012 at 12:25 am #

Thank you! Just decided on the rainbow theme for my 1 year old s party!

11. Meredith Taylor April 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

omg. thank you thank you thank you. i’m doing a circus theme for my little girl’s and i was planning on ordering some cute letterpress invites but i’m afraid i waited too long. these might just be perfect! the colors are pretty close to what i was going with anyway… love them! i’ll let you know if i use them and feature them on my blog!

sorry for all the !!! i’m just feeling a huge sense of relief that i have a backup plan. haha.

12. heather j April 25, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

thank you! saving these for later.

13. Erin @ The Great Indoors April 27, 2012 at 7:23 am #

Definitely pinning this and saving it for later… like when I actually have kids! Thanks for sharing!

Erin

14. Natalie Brimhall April 27, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Oh these are PERFECT!!! You are so stinking talented! Thank you for sharing these with us!

15. alana degraaf May 2, 2012 at 8:39 am #

I have a silly question – what size did you intend them to print? I just want to make sure i’m doing it correctly….thanks so much :)

• Making it Lovely May 2, 2012 at 9:47 am #

Each invitation is 4.25″x5.5″, so they’ll fit four to a letter-sized sheet of paper. And they’ll fit in an A2 envelope (I should have mentioned that!).

• alana degraaf May 2, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Thanks Nicole, thats fantastic :)

16. Lisa May 16, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

Thank you! This just saved me so much $!

17. Janette July 15, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

You have inspired a great party! Can you tell me the name of the “Come celebrate with us” font?
    Thank you!

18. Sue Erneta July 17, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

I used these for my daughter Lily’s birthday party and we tucked them into a blank card that she decorated with rainbows. Check out the finished product here: http://sueathome.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/lilys-rainbow-birthday-party/
    Thanks for sharing the free printables, Nicole!
    Sue at Home
    sueathome.wordpress.com

19. Jenny K January 12, 2013 at 9:48 am #

Thank you so much! I’ve been looking for rainbow invitations for my daughter’s birthday party next month. These are perfect!

20. tammy May 13, 2013 at 8:57 am #

hi does anyone know how to fix this problem:
    the invites are printing out one per page and its zoomed it takes up the whole page ???

please help!!!

21. Uli May 23, 2013 at 7:20 pm #

Thanks a lot for sharing these!

1. Freebie Friday « urbancurator - April 27, 2012

[...] program, you should be able to create any number you please. To get your free printable click here! Share this:PinterestFacebookMoreEmailLinkedInStumbleUponTwitterLike this:Like5 bloggers like this [...]

2. Lily’s Rainbow Birthday Party « sue at home - June 3, 2012

[...] set the scene with invitations decorated by Lily. I used a rainbow invitation free printable from Making It Lovely (Thanks, Nicole!) and stuck them onto blank folded cards we found at [...]