8 August 27, 2012

Honor Roll

My Writing Elsewhere…

My Writing Elsewhere…

Lots to share this week! Here’s more, more more.

Brianne Joy
    August 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I love these little posts. It was a similar post that led me to find my new, favorite glasses by Warby Parker. :)

Julia @ life on churchill
    August 27, 2012 at 2:32 pm

As an industrial designer who spent a lot of time using band saws + sanders in college…I haven’t seen the show but the whole thing sounds irritating. I created 2 categories on our blog: arts+craft and DIY. Because DIY to me means using power tools. Arts and Craft has its place but usually involves a different set of tools.

The Glamorous Housewife
    August 27, 2012 at 4:41 pm

This comment on the craft NY article summed up my feelings exactly:

Are you kidding me with this? This is the last thing we need. Another judgmental Academic claiming women are not living up to the standards of quality set by generations before. Why can’t we sew as well as our grandmothers? Why can’t we whittle wooden salad bowls before dinner? Why can’t we find a prettier way to glue seas shells to wooden frames? LIKE THE VICTORIANS (Holy crap, did we really need to go there?) Reality Check: This is 2012. If a woman can maintain a job, hold down a home—much less raise some kids—she does not have the time, want, or money to take up the sort of expert craftsperson skills that Ms. Lange glorifies above. However, if she is lucky, she *might* have the time to spend $20 at Michaels to purchase something, anything, that would foster her creative spirit for an afternoon. Yes, the results may come out ugly, but the process cannot be underestimated in its value to her, and to us as a society deprived of creative spirit. Perfection be damned – the joy is in the doing!

Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

Tra Wright Knox
    August 28, 2012 at 6:50 am

Wow! I love the dipped table! Thanks for sharing, Nicole. Another one to go in the to-do/I can pile!

Emily
    August 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Love your post on Land of Nod items for adults! I just ordered their Magic Carpet rug in lavender for my family room.

Stephanie @ Henry Happened
    August 31, 2012 at 12:21 pm

thanks for sharing! now I’ve got some reading to do, haha!

Suzanne
    September 14, 2012 at 12:12 am

Is it bad that “a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic” made me laughed until I could barely breathe?

Okay, good.