33 October 3, 2012

Coming Attractions

I’ve been bouncing around from project to project lately, not getting much farther than the initial “I want to do it” phase. I can make all kinds of excuses (two of them are upstairs sleeping right now), but that’s neither fun to write about (boohoo, I’m so busy) nor read. The remedy? A new list. Here’s what you can expect to see me working on in the near future.

Make Some Kitchen Curtains

Bathroom (Main Floor)

• paint the exterior of the pedestal bathtub

• paint the trim

• paint the walls

• replace the tub enclosure (hanging shower rod)

• new shower curtain, towels, accessories

Dining Room

Living Room

• organize the studio side (a big job)

• repaint the playroom side

• paint a mural on the far wall

Sarah W
    October 4, 2012 at 12:00 am

Sounds like good stuff. I can’t wait to see everything!

October 4, 2012 at 12:19 am

Jeez, is this a life list? How can you do this plus have a full time job and plan Halloween and Thanksgiving, etc, etc. I am planning for the color run next year. Thanks.

Making it Lovely
      October 5, 2012 at 1:35 am

Well, I think the kids are going in store-bought Halloween costumes this year… *hangs blogger head in shame*

nicolette @ momnivore's dilemma
    October 4, 2012 at 12:39 am

without lists, i’d be lost.

i liken these to “energy vampires”…those little things in your home that suck the life out of you, slowly, over time.

i made a list back in january on my blog, and most of them have been checked off.

it’s like shouting to the universe, to “get er done”…

Preciously Me
    October 4, 2012 at 3:00 am

Can’t wait to see all those things ;)

October 4, 2012 at 7:47 am

Your list is about as long and labor-intensive as mine. Good luck to us both!

the domestic fringe
    October 4, 2012 at 8:09 am

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Best wishes on your projects.

Christine Drumgoole
    October 4, 2012 at 8:50 am

I am looking forward to all of these lovely changes and updates. You are a girl (sorry, woman, as I mean no disrespect) after my own heart. I too have younger children (well, three total, but only two that are two and one), so I only get small things accomplished here and there. Can’t wait for your future posts.

emily @ go haus go
    October 4, 2012 at 9:01 am

Yay! I have been missing your home decor projects.

Making it Lovely
      October 5, 2012 at 1:34 am

Me too. They’ve been in there, but I figured it would be a good idea to round up everything in one spot to make it easier to follow along, and to keep me on track. Hence the list!

October 4, 2012 at 9:14 am

I love all the plans to paint! Painting is the easiest way to give new life to an object or room, it’s great!

October 4, 2012 at 9:53 am

I love it. Can’t wait to read all about it!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators
    October 4, 2012 at 10:17 am

Awesome. I love house posts! I find this the busiest time of the year. Feels like everyone is scrambling to get their homes ready for Thanksgiving and the holidays. Good luck with your list!

paige @ LPD
    October 4, 2012 at 11:34 am

I love lists! Where is that rifle paper co looking fabric from?!

Making it Lovely
      October 5, 2012 at 1:31 am

It was a tablecloth from BHLDN, with illustrations from Rifle Paper Co!

October 4, 2012 at 11:55 am

Oh, please show the step by step of removing the shower enclosure. It is on my list but I am too intimidated.

Making it Lovely
      October 5, 2012 at 1:32 am

It’s not a glass enclosure, if that’s what you’re thinking. It’s a hanging shower rod that allows the shower curtain to enclose a freestanding tub. It just needs to be unscrewed to take it down — replacing it with a new one will be a little trickier (but not too bad).

October 4, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Aw, I love lists ! Mine is pretty big (http://www.carrement-marteau.com/100-projets/) but I lost my job last month so I’m hoping to tackle as many projects as possible (don’t feel sorry for me, I had planned a career change from journalism to bad&breakfast for a long time) … good for you ! Take care !

Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    October 4, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I wish I had the guts to try some of these!

October 4, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Yay, your house posts are back! All right. Looking forward to this! w00t!

October 4, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Can’t wait to see the transformations! Especially what paint colors you go with, I could use some inspiration at my house!

October 4, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I am excited to see all of the above. But out of total, genuine, curiosity, why will you be organizing your husband’s closet?? I say delegate that item on the list. :)

Making it Lovely
      October 5, 2012 at 1:30 am

Because he doesn’t care about it and I do. That kind of thing is fun for me.

Nicole Busick
    October 5, 2012 at 1:26 am

Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing this. I have a five month old and a list that is that long too. It makes me feel so much better to know there is someone else out there who thinks the same way I do. So many things to paint, organize and change around!

Haydee @ {how sweet life is}
    October 5, 2012 at 9:03 am

Good luck, Nicole! I find myself struggling to keep up with all my home projects too, and wrote a similar post a few weeks ago, though I was not as brave as you to list the exact list of everything I’ve got going on. Would love for you to read my post when you have a chance. You are such an inspiration, in so many ways. xo

October 5, 2012 at 10:22 am

wow, what a list!!
    Good luck and have a wonderful weekend! :)

October 6, 2012 at 4:52 am

Just stumbled across your blog and I love it! Especially all the light patches of pink throughout the house – there are so few fellow lovers of pink accents! I’m your newest follower now

October 6, 2012 at 9:17 am

I need to make a list – lots of ideas swimming around in my head is not working – thanks for the kick up my posterior!

Ellen W.
    October 6, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I love your list~ I have a few of these on my list, too.
    I especially need to redo the studio.
    I so want to update and redo the living room~
    Can’t wait to see what you do :D

October 6, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I think lists are a must. I’m not speaking from experience really, I’m speaking from conviction! My life is crazy because I lack the ability to just write things down and stay on top of things! It gets so overwhelming if it all stays in your head! Thanks for the reminder: lists are a good thing!

In regards to your coffee table – my husband and I recently replaced ours too. We decided to build our own, which was so much fun! We found a great piece of reclaimed curly redwood and ordered hairpin legs! If you don’t mind the whole mid-centery look, I’m sure you will love the look of hairpin legs! Depending on your coffee table – perhaps you could just remove the existing legs and add some fab hairpin legs to give it an easy makeover? Anyways, I’m just on this whole wood and steel kick right now! I love these kinds of projects!

Love your blog, I’ve been reading it for a while!! Thanks for all your inspiration!

Evelyn W
    October 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I loved the white top on the coffee table! Very unique and the right mix of fresh and fun/elegant and refined/earthy but not heavy.

There, unsolicited opinion complete.

New Art in the Living Room | Making it Lovely
    October 11, 2012 at 12:36 am

[…] me all kinds of happy. (She sells prints and other products featuring this painting too.)When I mentioned wanting to “frame the new painting in the living room”, this is the one I was talking […]