Anais Nin

My Writing Elsewhere…

Murphy Sofa

9 Responses to “Honor Roll”

1. Melissa January 13, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

I was browsing Etsy and found this wall calendar. I like it myself, but I thought that you would enjoy it as well.

2. Kristi @ SIMPLEPRETTYTHINGS January 13, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

Can I tell you that I LOVE the Charlie Kelly paper doll! I just started watching that show with my husband (I think we’re still on season 1) and it is hilarious and Charlie is the reason!

3. Jody January 14, 2013 at 7:08 am #

I love the articles you have been linking to lately. So honest and though provoking.

4. Ellen January 14, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

I’ve been a fan of Le Tigre and its members since they came on the scene when I was a teenager. I’ve been to their shows several times. But that article by JD was pretty disappointing. A hugely successful artist (she’s achieved more success than 99% of working musicians can claim) complaining that she can’t get an apartment in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the country because she chooses to buy $15 drinks and $250 jeans rather than invest in a health plan?

Love the paperdolls, especially the Bluth Sr. one.

5. Miss B. January 14, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

So happy Lisa is doing a new project she is always inspiring and I love what Maria is adding. I must be living under a blog rock as I didn’t know Jess got married and has a new name + mission another inspiring find–thank you!

6. RebeccaNYC January 16, 2013 at 9:21 am #

I also loved the article about being a professional musician because I am one. I DO NOT like that there is a difference made between musicians and singers. Such an old stereotype that needs to be put to rest for once and for all….SINGERS ARE MUSICIANS! (sorry, for the rant, but it is a really sore subject for professional musicians who happen to be singers…we are not even included in the very powerful musicians union…we belong to the “American Guild of Musical Artists” )