Parenting

Imposing my Interests upon my Children

But you know, in a loving way.

Architectural Kids Toys

1. Colorframes Blocks

2. Pillow Fort Architect Pin

3. Iggy Peck, Architect
    Looking forward to Rosie Revere, Engineer too.

4. Hardwood Workbench and Tools

5. xs Lille City

You Might Also Like...

Karen L.
    July 10, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Nice group of things for them to explore—-I think a better wording for this is that you’re “exposing” them to these ideas rather than imposing. That’s what good parents do for their children.

Making it Lovely
      July 11, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Oh, I’m just joking a bit with the whole ‘imposing’ thing. :)

Alisa
    July 10, 2013 at 8:14 pm

We have Iggy Peck too! Such a cute one. Try “If I Built a Car” too; it’s similarly enjoyable with great illustration.

Making it Lovely
      July 11, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Thanks for the recommendation! That looks perfect for August.

alyson beaton
    July 11, 2013 at 7:43 am

Thank you for including us! What a nice selection!!

Amelia
    July 11, 2013 at 8:13 am

They don’t like it, they can buy their own toys ;)

Making it Lovely
      July 11, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Right? Stop slacking, quit your complaining, and buy your own toys, kids!

elizabeth b
    July 11, 2013 at 8:45 am

Hi Nicole – just wondering what font you used for the numbering on this post.

Debbie Thole
    July 11, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Iggy Peck is one of my favorites. The kids like it, but I love it.

Andrea Beaty
    July 12, 2013 at 9:00 am

Thank you for sharing IGGY PECK, ARCHITECT with your readers. I love your blog. It makes me wish my kids were not off at college so I could impose these awesome things upon them. :) Thank goodness for young nieces and nephews. I hope you enjoy ROSIE REVERE, ENGINEER this fall. She would be all over that hardwood tool workbench . . . as am I!
    Thanks.

Making it Lovely
      July 15, 2013 at 11:59 am

Thank you for writing books that we are all excited about reading with our kids!

Emily
    July 12, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I’ve never commented but often read your blog. The Iggy Peck, Architect book caught my eye – it will be perfect for the book-themed baby shower I am throwing for an architect friend. Thank you!

Sarah
    July 14, 2013 at 9:45 am

I totally love Iggy and can’t wait for Rosie… another cute one that isn’t by the same author, but shows up on amazon when u look at these books is a book about a young audrey hepburn to encourage kids to follow their dreams. Super cute book.